Some Lesser Known Facts About Sharat Saxena
- Does Sharat Saxena smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sharat Saxena drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sharat Saxena had always desired to become an actor. When he was in school, he told his father that he wants to pursue acting as a career. His father put a condition in front of him that if he wanted to become an actor, he had first to get a medical or an engineering degree. Only then he can go to Mumbai to be an actor.
- In 1972 after getting an Engineering degree, he came to Mumbai and started his struggle for a career in acting. Due to his strong muscular build and tough looks, he only got the roles as a villain.
- He has appeared in more than 250 Hindi, Tamil, Punjabi, Telugu and Malayalam movies in which he played the character roles as well as villainous roles.
- Sharat Saxena’s first paycheck was of INR 250 which he received for a shelved movie starring Neetu Singh, which took 6 years to complete.
- He has done over 500 action sequence in his entire career.
- He was nominated for ‘Filmfare Best Villain Award’ for ‘Ghulam’ in 1998. Amir Khan had suggested Sharat Saxena’s name for the film Ghulam after watching him in the Mithun Chakraborty starrer ‘Boxer’.
- Till 1990, he was only taken as a villain in the movies, but after late 90’s as he grew a little older, producers with character roles approached him and he started doing supporting as well as comic roles in the films, mostly as a father or uncle of the lead.
- Actor Ashok Kumar became Sharat Saxena’s fan after watching him in the TV show.
- He is a fitness lover.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)