|Real Name||Shardul Narendra Thakur|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Bowler)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 66 kg
in Pounds- 146 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest:38 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|International Debut||Test- N/A
|Jersey Number||#10 (Rising Pune Supergiants)|
|Domestic/State Teams||Mumbai, Kings XI Punjab, Rising Pune Supergiants|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• While playing for his school in the Harris Shield Trophy 2006, Thakur hit 6 sixes in an over and became the third ever cricketer to do so.
• In 2012-13 Ranji season, he took 27 wickets in 6 matches averaging 26.25 which included one five-wicket haul.
• Thakur claimed 48 wickets in the ten matches of Ranji season 2013-14. His 5 five-wicket haul in the tournament helped him finish the season with the average of 20.81.
• He took 8 wickets against Saurashtra cricket team in the 2015-16 Ranji season and led Mumbai to win its 41st Ranji Trophy title.
|Career Turning Point||His ability to swing the bowl and his performances in the domestic cricket made it possible for the paceman to play in the Indian Premier League in 2015.|
|Date of Birth||16 October 1991|
|Age (as in 2016)||25 Years|
|Birth Place||Palghar, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Palghar, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Anand Ashram Convent English High School, Palghar, Mumbai
Swami Vivekanand International School, Palghar, Mumbai
|College/ University||University of Mumbai|
|Educational Qualifications||Not known|
|Family||Father- Narendra Thakur
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Watching films, playing football & badminton|
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Food||Sea Food|
|Girls, Family & More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shardul Thakur
- Does Shardul Thakur smoke: Not Known
- Does Shardul Thakur drink alcohol: Not Known
- Shardul was once a fat lad and weighed about 85 kgs, for which, he was suggested by the former Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar to get it cut so as to appear at Television playing the game for the country.
- He was selected to represent Mumbai in Ranji Trophy in 2013 but was widely criticised for his overweight physique.
- Thakur got training under none other than mercurial fast bowler Glenn McGrath which helped him refine skills even better.
- Kings XI Punjab signed him for INR 20 Lakh at the 2014 IPL auctions but didn’t play him till 2015.
- For the 2017 season of IPL, Rising Pune Supergiants acquired the fast bowler at the auctions.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡