|Real Name||Suparna Chaudhury|
|Profession||Indian Journalist, Editor, Political Commentator|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||11 June, 1964|
|Age (as in 2017)||53 Years|
|Birth Place||Darjeeling, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School(s)||St. Helen’s Convent, Kurseong, Darjeeling
La Martiniere School, Kolkata
|College/University||Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi
University of Delhi (South Campus)
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelors of Arts in Honours
Masters degree in English Literature
|Controversy||In 2013, Shoma resigned from Tehelka after she was found guilty in the wrong handling of a sexual charge complaint against Tarun Tejpal, the founder and editor of Tehelka in her own magazine.|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husbands/Spouses||Sanjay Raina (div. 1988)
|Children||Son- Shivy Menon
Daughter- Name Not Known (1)
|Net Worth (approx,)||INR 64 lakh|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shoma Chaudhury
- Does Shoma Chaudhury smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shoma Chaudhury drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Shoma was born in Darjeeling and brought up in tea gardens of West Bengal.
- She was a very brilliant student as she topped ISC board in English and also Delhi university twice in her bachelors as well as in her masters in English Literature.
- Shoma initially worked for Doordarshan, most popular Broadcasting television network and has directed 40 weekly shows for the channel.
- She then worked as a Book Editor for an English language newspaper- The Pioneer.
- Shoma worked for one of the famous news magazines of India that are India Today and Outlook News Magazine.
- Her journalism career rose to fame when she joined Tehelka as Director of Special Projects and Features Editor and soon reached heights when she became the Managing Director of this popular public interest newsmagazine.
- She was the co-founder and director of THiNK where a cluster of ideas are exchanged and shared among people.
- On the sets of THiNK, she has hosted a plethora of conversations with famous personalities of India like AR Rahman, Gary Kasparov, Aamir Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Robert De Niro, Arvind Kejriwal, former chiefs of CIA, etc.
- Under one roof, activists, artists, actors, entrepreneurs, directors, farmers, Dalits, tribals and politicians from India, Iran, Africa, China, Russia, Pakistan, Europe, etc. are interviewed. Here’s one of the videos showcasing a conversation with 7th Chief Minister of Delhi- Arvind Kejriwal and Founder, National Campaign for People’s Right to Information- Shekhar Singh:
- She has been stated as one of the most influential voices for women in India and has won several awards for her remarkable contributions to Indian media.
- Shoma has conducted many prominent events which also included Royal Society of Arts (RSA) on Challenge of India and Asia Society in London on India-Pak relationship.
- In 2006, she has also interviewed a lot of people at the global RIE conference “Zinda Dilli”, an Entrepreneurs Organisation in Delhi.
- As per some online sources, she first married her longtime boyfriend- Sanjay Raina and they both got divorced in 1988. In 1991, she married Sujit Menon and then got divorced in 1997.
- Shoma was a judge at the Vodafone Crossword Book Award in 2006.
- In 2008, she was honoured with Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism for Film and Television.
- In 2013, Shoma resigned from the Managing Director post at Tehelka because she was accused of writing wrong articles in support of sexual assault complaint against Tarun Tejpal, the founder and editor of Tehelka.
- She was also awarded Mumbai Press Club Award for Political Writing.
- Shoma got so many achievements in her lifetime, and not only this, she also got listed in “150 Women Who Shake The World” by Newsweek and Daily Beast in 2011.
- In September 2016, Shoma started “Algebra-the Arts and Ideas Club”, a unique platform for analytical conversations, formed to originate and spread new ideas to open doors to another world.
- Shoma is a multi-talented personality and an Indian Journalist, Editor, Political Commentator, and a debater.