|Famous As||Indian Hannah Montana News 18|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Song (Singer): Tu Naa Aaya (2018)
|Date of Birth||16 June 1998 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||21 Years|
|School||Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Stanford University in California|
|Educational Qualification||Pursuing Graduation (Double Majors in Maths and Philosophy) News 18|
|Hobbies||Partying and Reading Books|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Sharad Sanghi
Mother- Nirali Sanghi
|Siblings||Brother- Siddhant Sanghi
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shyamoli Sanghi
- Shyamoli Sanghi is a popular Indian singer, currently residing in California.
- At the age of 6, she started her training in the Hindustani classical music under her guru, Shampa Pakrashi.
- She has completed Visharadh Dwitiya degree in the Hindustani classical vocal from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya.
- She has attended the Royal College of Music, UK and completed grade 5 in piano.
- In 2018, she debuted as a singer and actor in the music video “Tu Na Aaya” along with Siddharth Nigam.
- She took a six-month break to record her two songs ‘Tu Na Aaya’ and ‘Dorr’ in 2018.
- Her debut music video ‘Tu Na Aaya’ was an instant hit and got 13 million views on YouTube in 30 days only.
- She met the music composer Ravi Singhal while shooting her first song. In an interview, she said,
I instantly clicked with him. Our ideas about music are the same and so is our thought process about composing original scores. After working together and deliberating for some time and deciding on a song that was appropriate for my age, we came up with the first single Tu Na Aaya.”
- In 2018, she released another song “Ahida.”
- In 2019, she released “Ladka Mamuli Sa,” which was also a hit on YouTube.
- In an interview, when she was asked about working in Bollywood, she said,
I have always been a fan of Bollywood movies and it has been my dream to become a playback singer. I hope to get opportunities to sing in movies and work with talented, creative musical minds and sing in diverse genres. Songs full of meaning and emotion are what piques my interest. As far as studies are concerned, I have always been academically inclined.”
- She has been performing music shows with her college group “ Talisman” in various languages including Zulu, Xhosa, Spanish, Mandarin, and Shona.
- She can play tabla and harmonium very well.
- When in an interview, she was asked how she managed her studies and music, she said,
I try to manage my time and prioritize what is to be done when, and this helps me find a balance. After completing my first year at university, I took a six-month break to record my first two singles – Tu Na Aaya and Dorr. My third song, Ahida, which is a Sufi composition has just been released. I have now resumed studies and giving equal importance to both these aspects of my life. For anyone who wishes to make a career in this field or any other, I would only say focus on your goals and what you want to achieve. This will help you in taking things forward more efficiently. More importantly, take your family and near ones into confidence and work hard to make your dream come true.”
References/Sources: [ + ]
|1, 2.||↑||News 18|