Wife: Madhurima Mridul
Age: 60 Years
|Siddhu The Telegraph India
|Being the elder brother of the Indian actress and model Sandhya Mridul
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|• Standing Counsel for the Union of India
• Senior Panel Counsel for the Union of India
• Honorary Secretary in the Bar Council of Delhi
• Vice Chairman of the Bar Council of Delhi
• Additional Judge of the Delhi High Court
• Permanent Judge of the Delhi High Court
|Date of Birth
|22 November 1962 (Thursday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Army Public School, Delhi
|• Hindu College, Delhi University
• Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi
|• Bachelor of Arts with History Honours from the Hindu College (1983)
• LLB from Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi (1986) Live Law
|Relationships & More
|Madhurima Mridul (lawyer)
|He has a daughter.
|Father- Pushp Raj Mridul (P. R. Mridul) (senior advocate)
Mother- Aruna Mridul (homemaker)
|Brother- Pankaj Mridul Sifar (younger)
Sister- Sandhya Mridul (younger; actress, model)
|As per the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC), the salary of a judge of a high court is estimated to be Rs. 2,25,000 + other allowances. Department of Justice – Government of India
Some Lesser Known Facts About Siddharth Mridul
- Siddharth Mridul is an Indian Law practitioner who is serving as a judge at the High Court of Delhi. On 5 July 2023, the Supreme Court Collegium made a recommendation to appoint Justice Mridul as the Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court.
- He grew up in a middle-class family in Delhi.
- Siddharth, being a sports enthusiast, developed a passion for cricket during his school years and actively participated in the sport.
- On 24 July 1986, he became a registered member of the Bar Council of Delhi.
- Commencing his legal career in 1986, Siddharth Mridul embarked on his journey as an advocate practising in the High Court of Delhi.
- Throughout his tenure, he demonstrated his proficiency by handling a wide array of legal matters encompassing Writ and Writ Appellate Jurisdictions, Civil Original and Appellate Jurisdictions, Company Jurisdictions, and Criminal Jurisdictions.
- In addition to his extensive practice in the Delhi High Court, Mridul gained valuable experience by representing clients in other prestigious courts and tribunals, including The High Court of Judicature at Bombay, The Karnataka High Court at Bangalore, The Rajasthan High Court at Jaipur, the Income-Tax Appellate Tribunal, the Company Law Board, the Appellate Authority for Industrial & Financial Reconstruction, the Debt Recovery Tribunal, and the National and State Consumer Dispute Redress Commissions at Delhi.
- Notably, in 2004, he was appointed as the Standing Counsel for the Union of India, further enhancing his legal expertise and contributions.
- Following his early legal career, Siddharth Mridul’s accomplishments continued to grow. Just two years later, he was appointed as the Senior Panel Counsel for the Union of India, showcasing his legal acumen and trustworthiness.
- In May 2006, he received the prestigious designation of senior advocate, recognizing his outstanding contributions to the legal profession. Displaying his commitment to upholding professional standards, Siddharth actively served as a member of the Disciplinary Committee, playing a crucial role in maintaining the integrity of the legal community.
- Furthermore, he assumed significant responsibilities within the Bar Council of Delhi, serving as the Honorary Secretary from 1994 to 1997 and later as the Vice Chairman from 1998 to 2003. Through these positions, he played an instrumental role in the governance and advancement of the legal fraternity.
- Appointed by the High Court of Delhi, Siddharth actively served as a Member of several committees entrusted with addressing critical issues. These committees were specifically tasked with examining matters such as rehabilitating children affected by the eradication of child labour, addressing cases of illegal construction that violated municipal bye-laws, and contributing to a committee responsible for suggesting, supervising, and implementing measures to ensure the efficient and hygienic functioning of Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi.
- Recognizing his expertise and dedication, Siddharth was elevated to the position of Additional Judge in the Delhi High Court on 13 March 2008.
- Subsequently, his commendable service led to his appointment as a Permanent Judge on 26 May 2009, solidifying his position within the esteemed court.
- On 26 February 2021, Chief Justice DN Patel bestowed the responsibility upon Siddharth Mridul to serve as a member of the governing council of National Law University, Delhi. This appointment remained in effect until 29 June 2023.
- Later, on 5 July 2023, the Supreme Court Collegium, consisting of Chief Justice of India DY Chandrachud, Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul, and Justice Sanjiv Khanna, recommended Justice Siddharth Mridul as the Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court. The resolution read,
Having regard to all relevant factors, the Collegium is of the considered view that Mr Justice Siddharth Mridul is fit and suitable in all respects for being appointed as the Chief Justice of the High Court of Manipur.”
- Earlier, on 9 February 2023, the Supreme Court Collegium had put forth a recommendation to the Union Government, proposing the elevation of Justice Dhiraj Singh Thakur as the Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court. However, this recommendation was still awaiting the consideration of the Union Government. Consequently, the Collegium recommended the appointment of Justice Thakur as the Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Siddharth’s sister fondly recalled in an interview that during his childhood, his favourite pastime was dismantling and repairing the toy cars he received as gifts. He would enthusiastically engage in the process of breaking and fixing them, showcasing his early inclination towards tinkering and mechanical activities.
- In his leisure time, he finds solace in the world of books. Reading has been a passion of his since childhood, and he developed a particular fondness for the Louis L’Amour series as he grew up.
- In the year 1984, Siddharth encountered a heartbreaking event when he lost his father at a time when he was on the brink of qualifying for the bar. This unexpected loss brought upon him the sudden responsibility of shouldering the family’s well-being. Determined to fulfil his new role, Siddharth courageously stepped up and took care of his younger brother and sister, shouldering the responsibilities that came with family care and support.
- Siddharth Mridul served as a Member of the Bar Council of Delhi for two consecutive terms, from 1992 to 1998 and from 1998 to 2003, reflecting the trust and confidence placed in him by his peers in the legal profession. During his tenure, Siddharth actively contributed to the work and governance of the Bar Council, playing a significant role in shaping the legal landscape of Delhi.