|Sonam Bhattacherjee Sonam Bhattacherjee - Instagram
|Bonu Shaheb Bhattacherjee - Instagram
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Black with Light Golden Brown highlights
|Date of Birth
|Age (as of 2022)
|Kolkata, West Bengal, India
|Gokhale Memorial Girls’ School
|• Heramba Chandra College (popularly known as South City Day College), Kolkata
• Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland
|Master of Science from Robert Gordon University Sonam Bhattacherjee - Facebook
|Relationships & More
|4 December 2017
|Son- Dhruv (born on 30 August 2023)
|Father- Subrata Bhattacharya (an Indian football manager and former professional footballer)
Mother- Lata Bhattacherjee (homemaker)
|Brother- Shaheb Bhattacherjee (actor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonam Bhattacharya
- Sonam Bhattacharya is an Indian entrepreneur who is recognised as the better half of Sunil Chhetri, an Indian professional footballer who plays as a forward and captains both the Indian Super League club Bengaluru and the Indian national team.
- Sonam moved from Kolkata, West Bengal, to Aberdeen, Scotland, in 2010. She studied Master of Science at Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen. Sonam Bhattacherjee – Facebook
- Sonam is an avid reader and boasts an impressive collection of books.
- She consumes alcohol on various occasions.
- Sonam Bhattacharya holds a deep admiration for Cristiano Ronaldo, a Portuguese football player.
- Sonam Bhattacharya and Sunil Chhetri share a love story that spanned 13 years before marriage. As recounted in an interview with Humans of Bombay, their relationship has quite a fascinating origin. Sonam’s father, Subrata Bhattacharya, was the coach of Chhetri and often mentioned him during family conversations. At the age of 15, Sonam, finding herself drawn towards Chhetri, took his contact number from her father’s phone and texted him, expressing her admiration and her wish to meet him in person. Initially, Chhetri viewed her as just a kid when they first met, but they continued to exchange text messages for about two months.
An unexpected twist occurred when Chhetri was assisting Subrata Bhattacharya with his phone and received a call from Sonam on Subrata’s phone. The moment of realization struck Chhetri that the girl he had been talking to was his coach’s daughter. To avoid stirring up issues with her father, they decided to put a pause on their relationship. Chhetri, however, found himself unable to stop thinking about Sonam and eventually reached out to her again. The duo managed to keep their relationship under wraps. They used to meet twice a year due to Chhetri’s busy travel schedule. To enjoy a movie together, Chhetri would purchase two tickets and leave one at the counter for Sonam to pick up and join him in the theatre. Eventually, Chhetri visited Sonam’s house to confess his feelings to her father. Subrata Bhattacharya, after hearing Chhetri’s sincere confession, gave his blessing for their union, and a few months later, Sonam and Sunil tied the knot.
- Sonam became the director of Blue Orchid Mansion Pvt. Ltd. on 15 October 2013.
- Sonam Bhattacharya is a proactive contributor to societal and national well-being. She contributed a subsequent amount to the Bharat ke Veer Fund on 19 February 2019. This fund supports families who have suffered the heartrending loss of their children in service to the nation during wars.
- Sunil Chhetri shared joyous news during the Intercontinental Cup 2023 in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, as he proudly declared that he and his wife, Sonam Bhattacharya, were expecting a baby. To celebrate this wonderful news, Chhetri, after scoring the winning goal in the 81st minute, playfully placed the ball under his shirt, symbolizing the cradling of a baby. With a heart full of love, he blew kisses to his wife, who was watching the match from the stands.