|Real Name||Sonali Sehgal|
|Profession(s)||Actor and Model|
|Famous Role||Rhea in the Bollywood film 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama' (2011)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||TV (Host): Dadagiri (2008)
Film (Actor): Pyaar Ka Punchnama (2011)
|Date of Birth||1 May 1989 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||30 Years|
|School||• South Point High School, Kolkata
• St. Thomas’ Girls School, Kolkata
|College/University||Bhowanipore College, Kolkata|
|Educational Qualification||B. A. English Honours Facebook|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (retired from the Indian Army)
Mother- Nishi Sehgal (Associate Vice President at SREI, Mumbai)
|Siblings||Brother- Ayush Sehgal (Team Lead at Cognizant)
|Restaurant||Yoga 101 in Mumbai|
|Film(s)||Sparsh (1980) and Iqbal (2005)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonnalli Seygall
- Since her childhood, she wanted to become a model.
- Sonnalli’s parents have separated, and her mother lives in Mumbai with her. In an interview, when asked about her biggest strength, Sonnalli said,
My mom. She has gone through a lot in her life and is a very strong woman. First, her own father remarried, so she was brought up without a male figure in her life. And then all through my growing up years, my parents were always fighting. After I moved to Mumbai, I couldn’t see what my mom was going through. I feel a lot of women in India are taking that. And when they say the divorce rate is so less in India, it’s not that there are happy marriages. Women are just not able to come out of it. I wanted my mom to move out and live with me. She is now with me in Mumbai and is working and is independent.”
- In 2006, she won the Pantaloons Femina Miss India International title, and later, represented India in Miss International contest, which was held in Japan and China. She was among the top 12 contestants in the Miss International pageant.
- In 2008, she appeared as one of the hosts in the TV reality show ‘Dadagiri,’ which was aired on UTV Bindass.
- She has featured in various TV commercials including Raymonds, Aircel, Ayur Shampoo, 7UP, Zoom TV (Lets Freshen Up), Titan Eyewear, and Oral B. She worked in a TV commercial of Thums Up with Salman Khan in 2013.
- She has walked the ramp at the Lakme Fashion Week, Wills India Fashion Week, and Chennai International Fashion Week.
- She has worked as a model in various print commercials including Nokia, Hitachi, Unitech, Tata Indicom, ICICI Bank, Oral B, and Raymonds.
- Later, she hosted various live events like Reebok, Castrol, Indiatimes, and Filmfare Awards.
- She came into limelight with the 2011 Bollywood film ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama’ in which she was casted along with other actors like Sunny Singh Nijjar, Kartik Aaryan, Raayo S. Bakhirta, Nushrat Bharucha, and Ishita Raj Sharma.
- She acted in a TV series ‘Salute Siachen’ in 2017, starring Arjun Rampal and Rannvijay Singh. Some of her other Bollywood films are Wedding Pullav (2015), Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015), Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018), and Jai Mummy Di (2020).
- She workouts regularly in the gym and practises Yoga to maintain her fitness.
- In an interview, she revealed one of her worst experiences while working in the films, she said,
I gave a screen test for a well-known casting director for a fantastic role. I really wanted to bag this one, and did. But, on meeting the director, I was asked to make changes to my body, using methods that are unnatural. My heart broke, but I had to say no. I would never put my body under the knife, for anyone.”
- At the 11th International Asia Arts Festival (held in China), she gave a dance performance.
- Before venturing into films, she acted in many theatrical plays like “The Mouse Trap” and “And Then There Were None.” “The Mouse Trap” was the product of an amateur theatre group, which was backed by the British Council.
- She has been associated with the Sant Nirankari Mission.
- She has two pet dogs, Bounty and Candy.
References/Sources: [ + ]