Age: 39 Years
Marital Status: Widow
|Real Name||Geeta Arora|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Date of Birth||Year, 1981|
|Age (as in 2020)||39 Years|
|Educational Qualification||7th Standard|
|Family||Father- Om Prakash Arora (A Pakistani Refugee and Auto Driver)
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||A posh flat in Saidullazab, South Delhi, India|
|Controversies||• In 2007, she was arrested under sections of the Immoral Traffic Prevention Act.
• In 2008, she was arrested for the same offence.
• In 2011, Delhi Police nabbed her after she was again spotted indulging in prostitution. The same year, she was also charged with MCOCA
• In December 2017, she was booked under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
• She is also allegedly involved in a murder case in Haryana's Jhajjar district.
• On 22 July 2020, she was sentenced to 24 years imprisonment for immoral trafficking of a 12-year old girl by a Delhi court. While pronouncing the judgment, Additional Sessions Judge Pritam Singh said, "The convict Geeta Arora alias Sonu Punjaban shall first undergo 14 years rigorous imprisonment for offence under sections of Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, thereafter to undergo 10 years rigorous imprisonment for offences under sections 366A (procuration of minor girl), 372 (selling minor for purpose of prostitution), 373 (buying minor for purpose of prostitution), 328 (causing hurt by means of poison), 342 (wrongful confinement), 120B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC. Hence, the convict shall remain in custody (jail) for a total of 24 years as substantive sentence." Outlook
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Deepak (a car thief)|
|Husband/Spouse||Vijay Singh (a criminal)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonu Punjaban
- Does Sonu Punjaban smoke?: Yes
- Does Sonu Punjaban drink alcohol?: Yes
- She is notorious for rape, sale, torturing, and immoral trafficking of minor girls for prostitution at many places in Delhi, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh.
- Before coming into prostitution, she was working at a beauty parlour where one of her colleagues encouraged her to try her hands in such immoral acts.
- She opened the first brothel in Paryavaran Complex situated at Saket B Block.
- She used to train the girls in speaking English and high-class etiquettes for clients.
- She is a native of Geeta Colony in East Delhi, India.
- When she was exposed to her notorious business of prostitution, Punjaban shifted to South Delhi and owned a posh flat in the Saidullazab area.
- She rose to a dominant figure in the business of prostitution after her rivals, Baba Bhimanand and Nagma Khan were arrested in 2009.
- In her arrest in December 2017, a teenage girl, who was trafficked, drugged, tortured, and forced into prostitution, helped the police. The girl was kidnapped in 2009 when she was just 12 years old. In 2014, the victim filed a complaint against Sonu Punjaban and her pimps at the Najafgarh police station by herself. But she went missing after that. When the girl was traced in November 2017, she told to police that she was sold to more than 12 persons, she was forced into prostitution and was taken to Rohtak, Lucknow and other places, where she was kept starved too.
- Her husband, Vijay Singh was a criminal who died in a police encounter; at that time, she was pregnant.
- After Vijay’s death, she came into contact with a car thief named Deepak; however, he was also encountered later on.
- She has a son named Paras who lives with his maternal grandmother.
- Bollywood actress Richa Chadda‘s role in the films “Fukrey” and “Fukrey Returns” was inspired by Bholi Punjaban.