|Other name||Parambrata Chattopadhyay The Telegraph|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Debut||Actor (Bengali film): Hemanter Pakhi (2002) as 'Babai'
Actor (Bengali telefilm): Sheshkritya (2003) on ETV Bangla as 'Shankho'
Director (Bengali Telefilm): Premer Galpo (2006)
Director (Bengali Film): 'Jiyo Kaka' (2011)
Actor (Hindi film): Kahaani (2012) as 'Satyaki Sinha (Rana)'
Co-producer (Bengali Film): 'Hawa Bodol' (2013)
Actor (Malayalam film): Balyakalasakhi (2014)
Actor (English film): Sold (2014) as 'Vikram'
Actor & Producer (Bengali web series): Feluda (2017) on Bioscope and Addatimes as 'Pradosh Chandra Mitra (Feluda)'
|Awards||2006: Most Promising Actor Award for the Bengali film 'Nishijapon' at the Bengal Film Journalists' Association (BFJA) Awards
2020: Jury Award and Popular Choice Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for the Bengali film 'Dwitiyo Purush' (2020) at the Films and Frames Digital Film Awards
2022: Best Director Award and Best Best Feature Film Award for the Bengali film 'Abhijaan' (2022) at the Anandlok Awards
2022: Best Actor Award for the Bengali web series 'Aranyak' at the OTT Play Awards
|Date of Birth||27 June 1980 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||• Dolna Day School, Kolkata
• Patha Bhavan School, Kolkata
|College/University||• Jadavpur University, Kolkata
• Bristol University, Bristol, England
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Master’s in English Literature from Jadavpur University
• Master’s in Film and TV Production from Bristol University Facebook – Parambrata Chatterjee
|Controversies||• Inappropriate Remarks Regarding an Actress
In 2015, during one of the episodes of Bengali filmmaker Srijit Mukherjee's reality show, Parambrata Chatterjee unknowingly became part of a controversy, due to his co-guest actor Rudranil Ghosh. While having a chat with the host, the Rudranil alleged that him amd Parambrata were dating the same girl. He didn't stop there and made an insulting and sexual remark, referring to the girl as a 'playground' where he 'played' in the morning and Parambrata 'played' in the evening. This comment, however, did not go down well with the actress in question, who in her response filed a defamation case against the two actors. Later, many media reports dismissed the incident as a 'poor publicity stunt' by the makers. The Times of India
• Faced Criticism for Misrepresentation of Original Events
In the Bengali film 'Abhijaan' released in 2022, Poulami Bose accused director Parambrata of distorting real events, neglecting important individuals and aspects of her life, and including her son's accident in the film without consent. Parambrata responded by saying that the portrayals were approved by the actors involved. News18
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Churni Ganguly (actress; rumored)
• Swastika Mukherjee (Bengali actress) The Times of India
• Ike Schouten (Dutch doctor) Filmfare
• Piya Chakraborty India Today
|Marriage Date||27 November 2023|
|Wife/Spouse||Piya Chakraborty (Indian mental health activist, social worker, and singer)
|Parents||Father- Satinath Chatterjee (film and culture editor in a Bengali newspaper and a Tabla Player)
Mother- Sunetra Ghatak (film critic; died of kidney failure in January 2017) The Times of India
|Director(s)||Srijit Mukherji, David Dhawan, Rohit Shetty|
|Car Collection||Mercedes E-Class
Some Lesser Known Facts About Parambrata Chatterjee
- Parambrata Chatterjee is an Indian actor, director, and producer, who is famous for working in the Bengali entertainment industry. He is well-known for working in the 2012 hit Hindi film ‘Kahaani’ starring Vidya Balan in which he played the role of Satyaki Sinha (Rana).
- Parambrata is the grandson of Ashish Chandra Ghatak and Gita Ghatak on his mother’s side. He is also the grandnephew of filmmaker Ritwik Ghatak. Furthermore, Bengali author and activist Mahasweta Devi is Parambrata’s aunt. The Print
- Some of the Bengali Telefilms in which he has acted include ‘Swapna Sundari’ (2004), ‘Ekchhut’ (2005), and ‘Ankush’ (2006).
- The success of the 2012 Hindi film ‘Kahaani’ proved to be a huge turning point in his Bengali film career. Within a few months of its release, Parambrata had many Bengali film offers on the table. Since he couldn’t accept every offer, he was deemed a ‘rude’ person by many filmmakers.
- According to reports, about seven months after the success of ‘Kahaani,’ he was enlisted by Jeffrey D. Brown, an Academy Award-winning director, to work in the 2014 English film ‘Sold.’
- His second venture as a director was ‘Hawa Bodol’ in 2013. He has directed several Bengali films, including ‘Hawa Bodol’ (2013), ‘Shonar Pahar’ (2018), ‘Tiki-Taka’ (2020), and ‘Abhijaan’ (2022).
- Aside from being an actor and director, he also owns a production house named Workshop Productions Pvt. Ltd, in partnership with actor Rudranil Ghosh, which he founded in 2011 in collaboration with Dipak Raha of Durgandh Group.
- He is an avid animal lover.
- Parambrata has frequently received criticism from fundamentalists because of his secularist views. Aaj Tak
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol in public.