Sudhanshu Ji Maharaj Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Haripur, Uttar Pradesh
Age: 66 Years
Wife: Richa Sudhanshu
|Other Name(s)||Mahārāj Shri and Acharya Sudhanshu Ji Vishwa Jagrit Mission- Official Website|
|Full name||Acharya Yashpal Sudhanshu Maharaj Hindustan Times|
|Profession(s)||Spiritual Preacher and Saint|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||2 May 1955 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||66 Years|
|Birthplace||Haripur Village, Behat, Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Haripur Village, Behat, Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Caste||Kamboj Kamboj Society|
|Address||Vishwa Jagriti Mission, Anand Dham Ashram, Bakkarwala Marg, Nangloi Najafgarh Road, New Delhi – 110041|
|Controversies||Arrest Warrant in a Fraud Case
In 2015, Sudhanshu Maharaj was issued an arrest warrant for doing fraud with an Indian businessman named Mansinghka. Earlier, Mansinghka had made a donation to Sudhanshu’s NGO to evade taxes, but the receipts given to him were fake. He then filed a fraud case against Sudhanshu Maharaj. After failing to appear before a judicial magistrate in Shajapur, Maharaj was issued an arrest warrant. Hindustan Times
Fraud with an Old Woman
Sudhanshu Maharaj, along with the owner of Kips Sweets Devendra Khandelwal, was accused of grabbing the property of a woman named Krishna aged 72 years in 2018. In Khabar According to a renowned Indian newspaper,
"72-year-old Krishna Sharma of Sanjaynagar Gopalnagar joined Sudhanshu Ji Maharaj’s organization Vishwa Jagriti in 2004. Krishna’s husband was a lab assistant. After her death and lack of children, she became attractive to Sudhanshu Maharaj’s organization. Sudhanshu Maharaj and Khandelwal together had received precious houses and jewellery along with about 7.50 lakhs from her as a donation. The elderly woman has alleged that both of them told her that in return for this donation, the organisation would take care of her for the rest of her life. She will also be taken care of at the time of illness, but when the woman became ill, she was not taken care of. After which the relatives of the woman came and took her for treatment.”
The lady said that she was threatened to death by the people of Sudhanshu Maharaj and Devendra Khandelwal. Later, while talking to the reporters, Khandelwal said,
"The elderly woman gave the house and registry to the institution of her own free will. For some time she herself is not coming to the satsang and why she is making such false allegations is beyond my understanding.”
Later, while talking to the reporters Pawan Kumar Arora from Vishwa Jagriti Mission) said,
"Krishna ji got the house done of her own free will. It was only after her permission that we got the temple and satsang hall constructed. Since then, there is a story and satsang every Sunday. Not only this, whenever she became ill, she was provided good treatment and the electricity bill of her house is also being paid by the institution itself. But why she is making such allegations, we are not able to understand all this. There is a deep conspiracy behind all this.”
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||January 1978|
|Children||Daughter(s)- 2 (image in wife's section)
• Archika Sudhanshu (medidation guru)
• Ritambhara Chauhan (owner of a Titiksha Public school in New Delhi)
|Parents||Father- Shri Harishchandra
Mother- Kapoori Devi
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sudhanshu Ji Maharaj
- Sudhanshu Ji Maharaj is an Indian saint and spiritual preacher.
- After completing his schooling, he took admission in a university. He then attended the classes under the professor of philosophy Shri Nandkishore in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. Later, he gained spiritual knowledge from the Indian saint Shri Prakashanand Ji.
- As per his official website, he incarnated the sanskaras from his previous birth. He gained knowledge of various Hindu mantras and shlokas by the age of 7.
- He then took spiritual knowledge from various Indian gurus such as Yogiraj Pujyapad Swami and Sadanand Ji Maharaj. Later, Sudhanshu Ji Maharaj started practising and preaching meditation in various parts of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Gradually, he developed different forms of meditation like:
- Udgeetha meditation
- Amrit meditation
- Brahmayoga meditation
- Mahayoga meditation
- Atmayoga meditation
- Divine bliss meditation
- Adinad meditation
- Mantrashakti awakening meditation
- Vardan Siddhi meditation
- Chandrayan tapa and meditation
- Prarthana yoga meditation
- After a few years of his practice, he started a non-profit organisation on 24 March 1991 with the name Vishwa Jagriti Mission (under the guidance of the spiritual guru Yogi Shri Sadanandji Maharaj).
- The organisation has been working to preach human values. Various temples have also been constructed by organisation across the nation.
- The organisation is working for the welfare of the underprivileged section of society. Sudhanshu Ji Maharaj has started more than 85 mandals and sewa samitis in India (under the Vishwa Jagriti Mission). Under the mission, various health care centres have been started which provides free medical services to needy people. Some of such hospitals are Karuna Sindhu Charitable Hospital in Anand Dham Ashram, Delhi and Arogya Dham Hospital at Faridabad (Haryana).
- The main focus of the mission is to educate poor children by providing them free education. Under the mission, two ashrams or orphanages Vishwa Jagriti Mission and Devdoot Bal Ashrams were started in India. Apart from this, two public schools have been set up in Ranchi, Jharkhand in which more than 700 tribal children are studying.
- In 2021, more than 700 girls and 300 boys were provided free education at a school named Gyandeep Vidyalaya in Faridabad, Haryana. Earlier, the children studying in the school used to work as beggars and labours.
- The organisation has also started gurukuls named Siddhidham Ashram in Kanpur (in July 2018) and Maharishi Ved Vyas Updeshak Mahavidyalaya (in May 2019).
- With 22 old age homes and three charitable hospitals, Vishwa Jagriti Mission has more than 65 branches across India as of 2022. Apart from this, he has also been working for the welfare of animals.
- Sudhanshu Maharaj is an avid reader and loves to read books on mythology, autobiography, history, and geography.
- His preaching shows are telecasted on various TV channels.
- He loves to sing bhajans and can play a few musical instruments.
- He has received various awards for his contribution to society.
- In one of his spiritual events, he said,
Devotion, meditation, love, affection, donation and knowledge are the paths which lead to the door of God. Choose anyone of them and remain under the shadow of the Guru. He is the one who can show the correct path. Do not look for the support of others. Look for the support of your inner thought. You have been given that energy which makes you stronger.”
|↑1||Vishwa Jagrit Mission- Official Website|
|↑2, ↑4||Hindustan Times|