|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Service||Indian Administrative Service|
|Major Designation(s)||1993-1998: Served as the Secretary of the then, Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Bhairon Singh Shekhawat.
1999-2002: Served as the Joint Secretary of M/o Civil Aviation.
2005-2008: Served as the Principal Secretary to the then Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Vasundhara Raje.
2009: Became the Chairman and MD of RIICO.
2014-2015: Served as the Secretary of Minister of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs & Sports.
2015-2016: Worked as the Secretary of Minister of Information & Broadcasting.
2017: Became the Election Commissioner of India.
2018: Appointed as the Chief Election Commissioner of India.
|Date of Birth||13 April 1956|
|Age (as of 2023)||67 Years|
|Birthplace||Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India|
|Educational Qualification||• BA Honours in English
• MA in English
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party The Hindu Businessline|
|Controversy||In 2009, an audio clip conversation between the lobbyist Niira Radia and Sunil Arora was leaked in which Sunil was heard talking about the corruption in Indian judiciary. Former CJI, Y.K. Sabharwal's name was also mentioned by him as one of the corrupt judges of India. outlookindia|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Accounts Officer of the Indian Railways)
Mother- Name Not Known (worked at DAV College, Hoshiarpur)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sunil Arora
- Sunil Arora is a retired Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer from Rajasthan Cadre of India.
- He has two brothers; one is an IAS officer and the other is a diplomat in the Indian Foreign Service.
- Before becoming an IAS officer, he worked as an associate professor at DAV College in Jalandhar.
- He has served the Government of India and Government of Rajasthan in different capacities as that of Additional Chief Secretary (Home), Principal Secretary (Investment and Protocol), district magistrate and collector of Nagaur, Jodhpur, Alwar and Dholpur districts and as the Union Information and Broadcasting Secretary, chairperson and managing director of Indian Airlines, etc.
- On 30 April 2016, Sunil got retired from Indian Administrative Services.
- He was appointed the chief executive officer and the director general Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, post his retirement. Hence, he was re-employed into the services.
- On 31 August 2017, Sunil was appointed as one of the two Election Commissioners of India.
- On 26 November 2018, he was appointed the Chief Election Commissioner of India.