Tina Datta Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
Age: 31 Years
|Birth name||Tanisha Datta|
|Other name(s)||• Tina Dutta
• Tinaa Dattaa ((Facebook page of Tina Datta
|Nickname||Tinzi Instagram – Tina Datta|
|Profession(s)||Actor and Model|
|Famous for||Playing the role of Ichha Bharti Singh Bundela in Uttaran, a Colors TV show
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-36|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
Bengali: Pita Mata Santan (1997); as a child artist
Bollywood: Parineeta (2005); as Young Lalita Roy
Bengali: Sister Nivedita (1996); as a child artist
Hindi: Uttaran on Colors TV (2009); as Ichha Bharti Singh Bundela
Hindi: Naxalbari on ZEE5 (2020); as Ketki
|Awards||• Producers Guild Film Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series (2010)
• Kalakar Award for Best New Face (Female) (2010)
• 16th Lion Gold Award for Best Actress (2010)
• All India Achiever’s Award for Excellence in Acting (2011)
• Golden Petal Award for Most Janbaaz Personality (2013)
• Hira Manek Award for her role in Uttaran (2013)
• Golden Achievers’ Award from the All India Achievers’ Conference (2016)
• Women Empowerment Award from Make Earth Green Again MEGA Foundation (2021)
• OTT Debut Award for Naxalbari (March 2022)
• International Goldstar Award
|Date of Birth||27 November 1991 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Calcutta (now Kolkata), West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||• Meghmala Roy Education Centre, Behala, Kolkata
• St. Paul's Boarding And Day School, Kolkata
|College/University||University of Calcutta|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading, Horse riding, Baking, and Landscape photography|
|Controversies||• Catfights with her co-stars: Tina Datta has often made headlines for not sharing a friendly relationship with her Uttaran co-stars, Rashmi Desai and Sreejita De. During an interview, Tina claimed that the show, Uttaran, revolved around her character, and she was a vital part of the show. She said,
"The show has been running for the last six years, and everyone knows it is about two characters Meethi (Tina Datta) and Tapasya (Rashami Desai). So obviously, it revolves around me."
On Tina's claims, Sreejita De responded and said that such statements from an artist are childish and immature. She told the media that everyone plays an equal role in the show. Talking about it, during an interview, she said,
"A show cannot run with a single actor. An experienced actor knows that a show can never be shouldered by a single person. Anyone who says that the show is all about them is extremely childish and immature."
Several media houses also reported that when Rashmi and Tina were invited to host Comedy Circus 3 Ka Tadka, Rashmi came to the stage only after Tina had left the studio. Tina later said that she was unaware of Rashmi's presence on the sets and that she and Rashmi shared a really good bond. The Times of India
• Accusing her co-star of molestation: Tina Datta accused her co-star from the 2018 soap opera Daayan, Mohit Malhotra, of molesting her on sets. Mohit, however, denied the allegations and reportedly Tina and Mohit held a meeting with the producers to sort out the issue. The Times of India
• Accusing her co-passenger of indulging in sexually inappropriate behaviour: In 2014, Tina published a post on Facebook in which she claimed that when she was on a flight, she was touched inappropriately by a man who was seated behind her. She also claimed that when she raised the issue with the onboard staff of the airlines, they did not do anything about the complaint and offered her a seat exchange to a different aisle. The Times of India
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Tina was in a 5-year-long abusive relationship with a non-industry person.
• Mahesh Kumar Jaiswal (supervising producer)
• Paresh Mehta (businessman)
• She was also rumoured to be in a relationship with Shaleen Bhanot. He, however, clarified that Tina is just a friend
|Parents||Father- Tapan Kumar Datta
Mother- Madhumita Datta
|Siblings||Brother- Debraj Datta (elder)
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh|
|Car Collection||• Toyota Fortuner
• Mercedes-Benz C-Class
|Salary (approx.)||Tina Datta earned Rs 8-9 Lakhs per week as a Bigg Boss Season 16's contestant The Times of India|
|Net Worth (as of October 2022)||Rs 65 Crore The Siasat Daily|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tina Datta
- Tina Datta is an Indian actress who has worked in several Bengali and Hindi soap operas and films. She has also modelled for several brands as well. She is well-known for her role as Iccha Singh Bundela in Uttaran. She participated in the Hindi reality TV show Bigg Boss 16 in October 2022.
- In 1997, she appeared as a child artist in a Bengali film titled Dus Number Bari.
- Tina landed a role in two 2003 Bengali films, Tharak and Chokher Bali. She worked with Aishwarya Bachchan in Chokher Bali.
- Tina landed the roles of Hiya and Saira in the 2007 Bengali soap opera Khela.
- Tina was seen in the 2008 Bengali film Chirodini Tumi Je Amar.
- She appeared as Kumkum Roy Choudhary in the same year in a Bengali serial titled Durga.
- Tina took part in a Bengali reality comedy TV show I Laugh You, which was aired in 2008.
- From 2009 to 2015, she worked in the Hindi TV serial Uttaran.
- In the 2009 Hindi supernatural drama show Koi Aane Ko Hai, Tina landed the role of Paromita Roy.
- Tina was seen in a guest appearance in the 5th Season of Bigg Boss in 2011.
- Tina participated in the sports reality TV show Box Cricket League (BCL) and played for Ahmedabad Express in 2014 (first season) and 2016 (second season).
- In 2016, Tina appeared as a contestant in Arjun Kapoor-hosted season 7 of Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi.
- Tina was seen playing the role of Dhamini, Shani’s wife, in her first mythological TV serial Shani. The show was aired in 2017.
- Tina underwent a horse riding training course in Mumbai in 2017.
- Tina paid a visit to the soldiers posted along the Line Of Control (LOC) in 2018. There, she tried her hands at different types of weaponry used by the troops.
- In 2018, Tina landed the roles of Jahnvi Chaudhry and Kundani Roy in the Hindi paranormal romance drama TV series Daayan. She worked in the serial till 2019.
- Tina has also worked in several Hindi comedy shows like Comedy Circus (2009), Comedy Nights with Kapil (2013), Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 7 (2014), Comedy Classes (2015), Comedy Nights Bachao (2016), and many more.
- Tina has not only worked in the Indian entertainment industry but also in several Indonesian shows.
- Tina Datta became a part of a campaign named Save Soil on 14 June 2014. The campaign was initiated by Sadhguru.
- Tina Datta entered the 16th season of the Hindi reality TV show Bigg Boss as a contestant in October 2016. She was eliminated from the show on 10 December 2022; however, she returned to the show on 11 December 2022 after Shaleen Bhanot saved her. The close friendship and bonding of Shaleen and Tina was the most talked about relationship in the show. During the show, Tina and Shaleen were abused by the father of Sumbul Touqeer Khan, a contestant. In a leaked audio recording, Sumbul’s father told her daughter to kick them in their faces to show them their worth. Later, Tina’s mother, Madhumita, uploaded a video on Instagram and made an emotional appeal to Tina’s fans and said that abusing her daughter on a national platform was not justifiable.
- Tina Datta has appeared on the cover of several known fashion magazines such as Grihshobha, Enlighten India Magazine, Be Attractive, Downtown Mirror, Bigg Boss Times, etc.
- Tina Datta drinks alcohol.
- Tina is an avid dog lover. She often posts pictures of herself with her pet Golden Retriever named Bruno and another dog named Rani.
- During an interview, Tina revealed that she is suffering from Obssessive-compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Tina Datta is a staunch advocate of Yoga. She often urges her fans to start practising Yoga.
|↑1||((Facebook page of Tina Datta|
|↑2||Instagram – Tina Datta|
|↑3, ↑4, ↑5||The Times of India|
|↑6||The Times of India|
|↑7||The Siasat Daily|