Wife: Renu Nanda
|Profession||Businessman (owner of Claridges)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.8 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 72 kg
in pounds- 158 lbs
|Date of Birth||1 June 1941 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||78 Years|
|Birthplace||Karachi, British India (Now in Pakistan)|
|School||St. Columbus School, Delhi|
|College/University||National Defence Academy|
|Address||House in Lutyens Delhi, Prithvi Raj Road, New Delhi|
|Hobbies||Playing Golf and Listening to music|
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Sanjeev Nanda
Daughter- Sonali Nanda
|Parents||Father- Adm. S. M. Nanda
Mother- Mrs. Sumitra Nanda
|Siblings||Brother- Paul Nanda
Sister- Veena Mehra
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suresh Nanda
- Does he smoke?: No
- Does he drink alcohol?: No
- Mr Suresh Nanda’s father was Chief of Naval Staff through the Indo- Pak war and was honoured by Padma Vibhushan. They moved to India during partition.
- Mr Suresh Nanda joined the Indian armed forces following the footsteps of his father, Admiral Sardarilal Mathradas Nanda who had an illustrious career in the Indian Navy.
- Post his retirement from the Indian Forces; he sold Tata trucks to Rwanda and submarine batteries to Algeria.
- He then established and successfully ran Dynatron Services by providing and maintaining the machinery on Navy and Coastguard ships.
- He even brought the US Company “Commerce One” to India and won an International tender issued by the government of Andhra Pradesh. The same project was recognized by the United Nations as the Best Digital Development in the Developing World.
- He has been mostly recognized as the chairman of Claridges group of hotels, and exquisite luxury chain of hotels located at some prime locations. He has also built the Claridges Surajkund Hotel which is being managed by the Taj group.
- Suresh Nanda manages to strike the perfect balance between his professional and family life— including wife – Renu Nanda, and children Sanjeev Nanda (who also handles Claridge’s operations co-actively with him) and Sonali Nanda.
- He actively engages in CSR activities and has been immensely credited for his work in mobilizing the women of Banjni village, HP, to develop an entrepreneurial group of their own.