Archana Kochhar Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Husband: Rajiv Kochhar
Age: 50 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Archana Kochhar
- Archana Kochhar is a popular Indian fashion designer who is known for her unique style. She has showcased her exquisite collections on national and international runways.
- Archana does not hold any academic degree in fashion; however, she has successfully managed to be recognized as one of the most famous Indian designers.
- When Archana was 16 years old, she organised her own clothes exhibition. In an interview, while talking about her experience, she said,
I sold pieces and made money out of it. That was my foundation stone. People accepted my designs. When we see the world appreciate our art, it encourages us.”
- As of 2022, Archana owns three flagship stores under the name ‘Archana Kochhar’ in Mumbai.
- When Archana was 20 years old, she got married to her husband, Rajiv Kochhar. After their marriage, Archana rented a small shop in Mumbai and designed womenswear clothing following which she started designing Indian bridal outfits. Later, she started a whole collection of traditional wedding dresses, sarees, cocktail prêt, and men’s wear.
- She has showcased her collections at many iconic fashion week shows including Paris Fashion Week, London Fashion Week, and New York Fashion Week.
- Many Indian celebrities such as Shah Rukh Khan, Bipasha Basu, Kareena Kapoor, Jeetendra, and Vikas Khanna have promoted AK’s work in events including Cannes Film Festival, fashion runways, and award functions.
- Archana Kochhar has also showcased her collections alongside international brands including Prada, Armani, Gucci, and Versace.
- Archana showcased her collection of Ahimsa silk fabric, which is produced without killing a single silkworm, at New York Fashion Week. With this, she globalised the concept of this unique silk.
- Apart from this, she worked along with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the Make in India campaign in her various projects such as Banjara and Warli.
- In 2015, Archana Kochhar showcased her collection ‘Ahimsa Resam’ at Indian Affairs’ 6th Annual India Leadership Conclave in Mumbai. For this, Kochhar worked with Jharkhand’s tribal.
- Inspired by Southern India’s nomadic tribe, Banjara, Kochhar showcased the ‘Banjara’ style collection at the New York Fashion Week in 2016.
- Archana prefers the black-and-white combination over other colours.
- Archana also has a keen interest in writing and often writes for the Bombay Times.
- In 2019, Archana showcased her collection at Bombay Times Fashion Week to support Trans Women’s rights.
Our showcase at the Bombay Times Fashion Week 2019 was in support of Trans Women’s Rights. The showcase was aimed at highlighting the uniqueness of the trans identity#pride #lgbtq #loveislove #acceptance #equality #lovewins #lgbtqpride #archanakochhar pic.twitter.com/GwpCH53y4i
— Archana Kochhar (@Archana_Kochhar) June 23, 2022