Hometown: Allagadda, Andhra Pradesh
Education: Bachelor Of Business Management
Age: 32 Years
|Full Name||Bhuma Akhila Priya Reddy|
|Famous For||Being a member of the Bhuma Family, which wields a large influence in the Kurnool District of Andhra Pradesh especially Nandyala and Allagadda|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Political Party||Telugu Desam Party (TDP)
|Political Journey||• After her mother's demise, she became the MLA of the Allagadda Assembly Constituency in 2014, while being a member of Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP).
• She joined the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in 2016 with her father.
• Subsequently, she became the youngest minister in Andhra Pradesh former Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu’s cabinet. She was assigned the Ministry of Tourism, Telugu Language, and Culture, during a cabinet reshuffle.
|Date of Birth||2 April 1987|
|Age (as in 2019)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Allagadda, Kurnool District, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Allagadda, Kurnool District, Andhra Pradesh|
|College/University||The Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM), Hyderabad|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Business Management|
|Address||H.No, 8-1-65, T.B.Road, Allagadda- 518543, Kurnool Dist|
|Controversies||• In March 2018, the ugly spar between Akhila Priya and her father’s aide AV Subba Reddy made news after Subba was reportedly snubbed by Akhila Priya, who did not invite Subba to her father’s first death anniversary observance. In one of her speech, Akhila Priya gave a statement-
"As Bhuma Nagi has died, all the cunning foxes and backstabbers have come together as they are waiting loot Allagadda."
The rift between them grew wider after the two celebrated the TDP’s Foundation Day separately in spite of being in the same town. As the bitterness between Priya and Subba increased, the two even resorted to physical attacks against each other. At last, TDP Supremo N. Chandrababu Naidu had to take useful measures to rule both the groups out.
• In September 2019, Akhila Priya hit the headlines after she led protests against uranium mining at Allagadda and opposed the exploration of borewells by the Uranium Corporation of India Limited (UCIL) in Allagadda.
|Relationships & More|
|Engagement Date||12 May 2018
|Marriage Date||29 August 2018|
|Marriage Place||Shobha Nagi Engineering College, Allagadda, Kurnool District, Andhra Pradesh|
|Husband/Spouse||Madhoor Bhargav Ram Naidu (second husband, Industrialist)
|Parents||Father- Bhuma Nagi Reddy (politician, former MLA)
Mother- Bhuma Shobha Nagi Reddy (politician, former MLA)
|Siblings||Brother- Bhuma Naga Mounika
Sister- Bhuma Jagat Vikhyat
|Actress||Kareena Kapoor, Samantha Akkineni|
|Social Reformer||Jyotirao Phule|
|Assets (movable and immovable )||Rs. 11.5 crores (approx.)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bhuma Akhila Priya
- Bhuma’s first marriage was with the son of YS Jaganmohan Reddy‘s maternal uncle. They got married in 2010. However, they both decided to part their ways and filed for a divorce in a year.
- She belongs to the influential Bhuma Family of the Kurnool District in Andhra Pradesh. Her grandparents and paternal uncle were involved in the local politics in Andhra Pradesh. Her Father, Bhuma Nagi Reddy was the MLA from the Nadyal Assembly Constituency. Her paternal uncle, Bhuma Sekhar Reddy was also an MLA from the Allagadda District.
- Her mother, Shobha Nagi Reddy was the daughter of the former Andhra Pradesh minister S. V. Subbareddy, sister of Nagarathamma (former Minister of Andhra Pradesh) and S. V. Mohan Reddy (MLA from Kurnool District).
- She also owns a crusher factory in Kondapuram of Dornipadu Mandal, Kurnool in partnership with one of her relatives, Shivarami Reddy.
- Reportedly, Akhila Priya wanted Shivarami to hand over the entire crushing unit to her. When Shivarami did not pay attention to her intentions, Akhila Priya’s husband Bhargava Ram interfered and allegedly threatened him. Bhargava with a group of men attacked workers of the crushing unit with weapons on 10 September. Bhargava forcibly locked the Shivarami’s batching plant on 27 September.
- Following the story, Shivarami Reddy, filed a case against Bhargava Ram, in October 2019 at the Allahbad Police Station for allegedly obstructing public servant’s duty. Reportedly, he was able to flee when police came to arrest him.
- Right after the case was filed against her husband, Akhila Priya accused the police of imposing cases against her husband to restrain her protest after she visited Tummalapalli in Kadapa to take the stock of the pollution caused by uranium mining. Adding to the accusations, she said-
The police have the right to stop us from protesting, but they do not have the right to threaten us by filing false cases.”
- She considers the Cabinet Minister for Information Technology, Panchayati Raj and Rural Development in Andhra Pradesh, Lokesh Nara as his brother.