|Full Name||Thibaut Nicolas Marc Courtois|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 199 cm
in meters- 1.99 m
in feet inches- 6’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 185 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Debut||International- On 15 November 2011 for Belgium against France
Club- On 17 April 2009 for Genk against Gent
|Jersey Number||#1 (Belgium)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Club
• Belgian Pro League: 2010–2011
For Atletico Madrid
• La Liga: 2013–2014
• Copa del Rey: 2012–2013
• UEFA Europa League: 2011–2012
• Premier League: 2014–2015, 2016–2017
• FA Cup: 2017–2018
• Belgian Professional Goalkeeper of the Year: 2011
• Belgian Bronze Shoe: 2011
• La Liga Goalkeeper of the Year: 2013
• Best Belgian Player Abroad: 2013, 2014
• Premier League Golden Glove: 2016–17
|Date of Birth||11 May 1992|
|Age (as in 2018)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||Bree, Limburg, Belgium|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Bree, Limburg, Belgium|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Playing Video Games, Playing Volleyball, Playing Table Tennis|
|Controversy||In 2013, Courtois and Kevin de Bruyne had a fall out after he was caught by Kevin cheating with his girlfriend Caroline Lijnen. Kevin violently attacked Courtois during a practice session but they reconciled later.|
|Girls, Affairs & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Marta Dominguez (2012-2016)
Brittny Gastineau (2017-2018), Actress
|Children||Son- Nicolas (With Marta Dominguez)
Daughter- Adriana (With Marta Dominguez)
|Parents||Father- Thierry Courtois (Semi-Professional Volleyball Player)
Mother- Gitte Courtois (Semi-Professional Volleyball Player, Physiotherapist)
|Siblings||Brother- Gaetan Courtois
Sister- Valérie (Professional Volleyball Player)
|Favourite Sport(s)||Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Table Tennis|
|Favourite Food(s)||Chicken, Steak|
|Cars Collection||Aston Martin Vanquish, Range Rover, Audi|
|Salary (approx.)||$8.5 Million|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$10 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Thibaut Courtois
- Does Thibaut Courtois smoke?: No
- Does Thibaut Courtois drink alcohol?: No
- He was born into a family that loved sports. Both his parents were volleyball players. Later, his sister also represented Belgium in volleyball.
- In his childhood, Courtois was so bad at gymnastics that once doing a role he took out the gymnastics’ teacher.
- He began his career in football with local side Bilzen V.V not as a goalkeeper, but as a left-back.
- The scouts of Genk saw his talent and recruited him in 1999. It was here, where he converted into a goalkeeper.
- He graduated from the Genk youth system aged 18.
- In an interview, he revealed that the first car he bought was Ford Focus.
- He was called up to the Belgium squad in October 2011 and played his first game for the country a month later. With his debut, he became the youngest goalkeeper to play for the Belgian national team.
- On 26 November 2011, he picked up the first red card of his footballing career for a foul on Real Madrid star Karim Benzema.
- On 13 May 2014, he was named in the Belgium squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He kept two clean sheets in the tournament against Russia and South Korea.
- In June 2014, he returned to Chelsea. Courtois kept his first clean sheet for Chelsea in his second game against Leicester City.
- He was in the Belgium squad for the UEFA Euro 2016. Belgium reached the quarterfinals of the tournament, where they were knocked out by Wales.
- In the 2016-2017 season, he kept a total of 16 clean sheets in the Premier League, which earned him the Golden Glove.
- In February 2017, French singer, Shay released a song named after him.
- Courtois was selected in the 23 man squad of Belgium for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. He played a key role in beating the tournament favourites Brazil in the quarterfinals. They reached the semi-finals of the tournament first time since 1986. He won the Golden Glove of the tournament (Award given to the best goalkeeper of the tournament).