|Real Name||Óscar Gutiérrez|
|Nickname||Mr. 619, The Ultimate Underdog|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Billed Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6"
|Billed Weight||in Kilograms- 79 kg
in Pounds- 175 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 37 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Eye Colour||Brown (uses different contact lenses while wrestling)|
|Hair Colour||N/A (Bald)|
|Debut||WCW: 16 June 1996
WWE Smackdown: 25 July 2002
|Titles Won/Achievements||• 5-time WCW Cruiserweight Champion
• 1-time WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Champion
• 3-time WCW World Tag Team Champion
• Combined 3-time WWE Champion
• 2-time WWE Intercontinental champion
• Winner of 2006 Royal Rumble
• 4-time WWE Tag Team Champion
• Pro Wrestling Illustrated ranked Rey Mysterio #4 among top 500 single wrestlers in the year 1999. 4-years later, he was ranked #56 in the same list
|Slam/Finishing move||'619' followed by Diving Splash
West Coast Pop (Springboard Spike Hurricanrana)
Frog Splash (as a tribute to late Eddie Guerrero)
|Date of Birth||11 December 1974|
|Age (as in 2016)||42 Years|
|Birth Place||Chula Vista, California, United States|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA|
|School||Montgomery High School, San Diego|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brothers- Luis Gutiérrez, Roberto Gutiérrez, Lalo Gutiérrez
Sister- Not Known
Uncle- Rey Misterio, Sr. (former wrestler)
|Religion||Christianity (Roman Catholic)|
|Hobbies||Watching American Football, singing, listening to music|
|Controversies||• During his run with the WWE, Rey Mysterio was suspended twice for violating the company's wellness policy. However, each time he defended himself by saying that he had a prescription for the drugs he was consuming.
• On a fateful night at AAA wrestling in March 2015, a regular dropkick from Rey Mysterio resulted in the death of fellow wrestler Perro Aguayo, jr. Reportedly, Aguayo suffered a broken neck as a consequence of the kick, which further resulted in a cardiac arrest. Alleged medical negligence also raised eyebrows.
|Favorite Wrestlers||Randy Orton, Psicosis|
|Favourite Actor||Al Pacino|
|Favourite Films||Scarface (1983), Heat (1995), Nacho Libre (2006)|
|Favorite Song||All Eyez On Me by 2Pac|
|Favorite Comic Character||Joker|
|Favorite Food||Tacos de Carne Asada (Grilled Steak Tacos)|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Angie Gutierrez (m.1996-present)
|Children||Daughter- Aalyah (Born 2001)
Son- Dominic (Born 2007)
|Cars Collection||Customized Toyota Tundra Truck
|Net Worth||$12 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rey Mysterio
- Does Rey Mysterio smoke: Not Known
- Does Rey Mysterio drink alcohol: Not Known
- He considers his uncle, Rey Misterio, sr., as his inspiration. Mysterio has been wrestling since the age of 14 and has spent nearly 3 decades inside the squared ring.
- Although Rey Mysterio is known as the Master of ‘619’ (Finisher), he wasn’t the one who invented it. The 619 is inspired by ‘The Tiger Feint’ finisher, which was originally used by wrestler ‘Tiger Mask’ aka Satoru Sayama.
- Mysterio sports a number of tattoos on his body. Every brush of ink on his body has some history or meaning associated with it. Not only has he tattooed the word ‘Mexican’ to show that he is proud of his country & heritage, he also has a cross on his chest, which stands a testimony to his religious beliefs. As a tribute to late wrestler Eddie Guerrero, he sports the initials ‘EG’. In addition, he even has his children’s names inked on his arms.
- Like a dozen other wrestlers, Mysterio is a ‘Paul Heyman guy.’ Mysterio’s first stint with American wrestling began at ECW, where Heyman brought in a number of Luchadors to give the United States fans a taste of fast-paced Mexican action.
- With as many as 8 Cruiserweight titles, Mysterio has the most number of championship reigns in this division.
- He wrestled without the mask during the major portion of his run at the WCW. However, when he signed with the WWE, he was asked to put the ‘sacred’ mask back on, a move which was not liked by Lucha Libre Fans back in Mexico.
- Mysterio once refused to drop the WWE Intercontinental Champion to then rising star Dolph Ziggler. WWE wanted to put Ziggler over, but Mysterio refused as he was promised a longer title run. Thus, there 2009 feud ended with Mysterio retaining the title.
- An avid music lover, Mysterio once collaborated with rapper ‘Madd One’ for his entrance theme- ‘Booyaka 619’. Aside from this, he also recorded a song titled ‘Crossing Borders’, which was utilized as the theme for the 2004 PPV- No Way Out.
- Not many people know that Rey Mysterio has been a part of a Hollywood movie. His part, however, lasted for a few seconds only as he played a stunt double in the 2005 film Freddy vs. Jason.
- In 1997, an American magazine posted a completely fabricated article about Mysterio having an affair with actress Jennifer Anniston. Instead of confronting Mysterio, his wife laughed after reading the article. She said that doubting a husband as loyal as Mysterio would be a ‘sin’.