|Real Name||Mark William Calaway|
|Nickname||The Phenom, Dead Man, Big Evil, The Man from the Dark Side|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Billed Height||in centimeters- 208 cm
in meters- 2.08 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 10"
|Real Height||in centimeters- 203 cm
in meters- 2.03 m
in Feet Inches- 6' 8”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 138 kg
in Pounds- 310 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 50 Inches
- Waist: 38 Inches
- Biceps: 17.5 Inches
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|WWE Debut||19 November 1990 (WWE/WWF Television Debut)|
|Retirement Date||April 2, 2017; Wrestlemania 33 (After losing to Roman Reigns)|
|Slam/Finishing move||Tombstone Piledriver
Hell's Gate (Submission manoeuvre)
|Achievements (Main ones)||• World Heavyweight Champion (3 time)
• WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)
• WWF World Heavyweight Championship (4 time)
• WWF World Tag Team Championship (6 time)
• Winner of 2007 Royal Rumble
|Date of Birth||24 March 1965|
|Age (as in 2016)||51 Years|
|Birth Place||Houston, Texas, USA|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Houston, Texas, USA|
|School||Waltrip High School, Houston, Texas|
|College||Angelina College, Lufkin, Texas
Texas Wesleyan University, Fort Worth, Texas (Dropped Out)
|Educational Qualifications||Majored in Sports (University Drop Out)|
|Family||Father- Frank Calaway
Mother- Catherine Calaway
Brother- David, Michael, Paul, Timothy (All elder)
|Hobbies||Collecting vintage motorbikes, Listening to rock music|
|Controversies (Storyline)||• At Wrestlemania 15, after defeating wrestler Big Boss Man inside a 'Hell in a Cell', Undertaker took it one step further by "executing" him. Undertaker proceeded to tie a noose around Boss Man's neck, hanging the star from the roof of the Cell. Undertaker and WWE were later criticized for carrying out such storylines, which created a negative impact on children's mind.
• Shawn Michaels was supposed to drop his championship to Stone Cold Steve Austin in the 1998 edition of Wrestlemania. However, Undertaker was aware of Michael's stubborn nature of not following the storyline ending and ending things his own way. Reportedly, being the 'Judge' of the WWE locker room, Undertaker once called Michaels to his locker room, he then tied Michaels' fists and ordered him to follow the exact script and ending of the said match. Michaels was intimidated and thus had to follow the orders of "The Phenom."
• Undertaker has been criticized by many former wrestlers for not putting young talented guys over. Furthermore, he has also been alleged of hand-picking his Wrestlemania opponents.
• In a weird storyline angle in late 90's, Undertaker was seen portraying a satanist. In one segment, 'The Dead Man' was shown sacrificing a virgin in the form of Stephanie McMahon. Sponsors and parents (of kids) were very unhappy with such a negative angle being shown on national or rather global television.
• 'Ignorant' WWE raged up a bigger and a more sensitive controversy again on similar grounds, as in one episode of RAW, Undertaken was shown crucifying Stone Cold Steve Austin. This crucifixion segment hurt the sentiments of many Christians around the world. Many religious groups came forward expressing their anger over the kind of topics being presented on WWE TV. The incident gathered a lot of press attention and Undertaker had to face a lot of criticism.
|Favourite Movie||Pulp Fiction|
|Favourite TV Series||The Sopranos (1999-2007)|
|Favourite Singer/Musician||Nick Cave, ZZ Top, AC/DC|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Jodi Lynn (Married 1989-1999)
Sara Calaway, Former Wrestler (Married 1999-2007)
|Wife||Michelle McCool, Former Wrestler (Married 2007-present)
|Children||Daughter- Gracie Calaway, Chasey Calaway, Kaia Faith Calaway (Born 2012)
Son- Gunner Vincent Calaway (Son from first wife)
|Net Worth||$16 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About The Undertaker
- Does Undertaker smoke: Not Known
- Does Undertaker drink alcohol: Yes
- Mark Calaway, a talented basketball player in his college days, played for the Rams in the 1985-86 season.
- Undertaker has been active on the wrestling circuit since 1984. In the initial years of his career, he struggled around at many wrestling promotions trying to make a name.
- He made his WCW debut in the year 1989 under the ring name Mean Mark.
- According to some reports, Undertaker was supposed to make his WWF/WWE debut under the ring name The Eggman. For this purpose, in the early 90’s, WWE would keep a big egg on display at various events. However, the idea was dropped later, which perhaps saved Taker’s career.
- Calaway then made his WWE debut under the ring name Kane The Undertaker. The first name ‘Kane’ was however dropped a few months later.
- Undertaker has a phobia of Cucumbers.
- ‘The Dead Man’ has never officially lost a match through submission.
- He is a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and is an ardent MMA and boxing fan. Undertaker claims that if he wasn’t a pro-wrestler, he would have been a Mixed Martial Artist.
- Throughout his WWE tenure, Undertaker has clashed the most with his story-line half brother ‘Kane’. In 184 matches between the two, The Undertaker has won 106 while losing only 21, the rest of the matches ending in a draw or a no result. Ironically, the duo has also been a part of one of the most memorable tag teams- The Brothers of Destruction.
- The Undertaker has always been loyal to his boss Vince McMahon, a fact which is confirmed by Kurt Angle’s autobiography, ‘It’s True, It’s True!’. In the book, Kurt narrates an incident where The Undertaker almost chokes him out in a plane. The story goes like this: Vince McMahon once in pure jest jumped on Kurt Angle backstage and took him down to the floor in good fun. After the incident, Vince used to often remind Kurt that he is the only one backstage who could take Kurt Angle down. Kurt wanted to take revenge and he did so on the aisle during a plane ride all in good fun. They would continue to one-up each other with Vince trying to retaliate and during one of these playful exchanges, a noise woke up a sleeping Undertaker. Witnessing this, The Undertaker jumped on Kurt and almost choked him out before Vince intervened. Kurt further claimed that he almost blacked out for a minute.
- Interestingly, despite leaving the Wrestlemania ring as a champion several times, ‘The Phenom’ never entered a Wrestlemania match as a champion.
- The Undertaker holds the record for competing on more WWE television shows than any other WWE Superstar.
- To date, Undertaker has acted in only a single Hollywood feature film named Suburban Commando (1991). The movie featured wrestler Hulk Hogan in the lead role. Young ‘Taker’ was signed on to play the role of Hutch, an immensely strong villain who sets out to destroy Shep Ramsey (The character portrayed by Hogan).
- Outside the ring, Calaway has also invested a lot in the real estate sector. With business partner Scott Everheart, he laid the foundation of a multi-million dollar building named The Calahart located in Loveland, Colorado.