The Undertaker Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Wife, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About The Undertaker
- Does Undertaker smoke: Not Known
- Does Undertaker drink alcohol: Yes
- Mark Calaway, a talented basketball player in his college days, played for the Rams in the 1985-86 season.
- Undertaker has been active on the wrestling circuit since 1984. In the initial years of his career, he struggled around at many wrestling promotions trying to make a name.
- He made his WCW debut in the year 1989 under the ring name Mean Mark.
- According to some reports, Undertaker was supposed to make his WWF/WWE debut under the ring name The Eggman. For this purpose, in the early 90’s, WWE would keep a big egg on display at various events. However, the idea was dropped later, which perhaps saved Taker’s career.
- Calaway then made his WWE debut under the ring name Kane The Undertaker. The first name ‘Kane’ was however dropped a few months later.
- Undertaker has a phobia of Cucumbers.
- ‘The Dead Man’ has never officially lost a match through submission.
- He is a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and is an ardent MMA and boxing fan. Undertaker claims that if he wasn’t a pro-wrestler, he would have been a Mixed Martial Artist.
- Throughout his WWE tenure, Undertaker has clashed the most with his story-line half brother ‘Kane’. In 184 matches between the two, The Undertaker has won 106 while losing only 21, the rest of the matches ending in a draw or a no result. Ironically, the duo has also been a part of one of the most memorable tag teams- The Brothers of Destruction.
- The Undertaker has always been loyal to his boss Vince McMahon, a fact which is confirmed by Kurt Angle’s autobiography, ‘It’s True, It’s True!’. In the book, Kurt narrates an incident where The Undertaker almost chokes him out in a plane. The story goes like this: Vince McMahon once in pure jest jumped on Kurt Angle backstage and took him down to the floor in good fun. After the incident, Vince used to often remind Kurt that he is the only one backstage who could take Kurt Angle down. Kurt wanted to take revenge and he did so on the aisle during a plane ride all in good fun. They would continue to one-up each other with Vince trying to retaliate and during one of these playful exchanges, a noise woke up a sleeping Undertaker. Witnessing this, The Undertaker jumped on Kurt and almost choked him out before Vince intervened. Kurt further claimed that he almost blacked out for a minute.
- Interestingly, despite leaving the Wrestlemania ring as a champion several times, ‘The Phenom’ never entered a Wrestlemania match as a champion.
- The Undertaker holds the record for competing on more WWE television shows than any other WWE Superstar.
- To date, Undertaker has acted in only a single Hollywood feature film named Suburban Commando (1991). The movie featured wrestler Hulk Hogan in the lead role. Young ‘Taker’ was signed on to play the role of Hutch, an immensely strong villain who sets out to destroy Shep Ramsey (The character portrayed by Hogan).
- Outside the ring, Calaway has also invested a lot in the real estate sector. With business partner Scott Everheart, he laid the foundation of a multi-million dollar building named The Calahart located in Loveland, Colorado.