|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Debut||Web series (as a supporting actor): Bhram as Paglu on ZEE5 (October 2019)
Screenwriter: Happi Digital in Mumbai (December 2019-February 2020)
Director: Chuski, a short film on YouTube (March 2021)
Film (as a supporting actor): Janhit Mein Jaari as Bunty (June 2022)
|Date of Birth||4 February|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India Utsav Sarkar - Facebook|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||A boarding school in Panchgani in Maharashtra. Utsav Sarkar - Facebook|
|College/University||• Usha Pravin Gandhi College of Arts, Science, and Commerce in Vile Parle, Mumbai (2012-2015)
• Academy of Theatre Arts, the University of Mumbai in Mumbai (2015-2017) Utsav Sarkar - LinkedIn
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Mass Communication
• Master of Performing Arts Utsav Sarkar - LinkedIn
|Relationships & More|
Mother- Malini Mukherjee Sarkar
|Siblings||Brother- Samrat Sarkar, Regional Growth Manager at Smallcase
Sister- Aakansha Sarkar
Some Lesser Known Facts About Utsav Sarkar
- Utsav Sarkar is an Indian actor, screenwriter, producer, director, editor, and storyteller, who primarily conceptualizes and creates content for Hindi web series and YouTube videos.
- Utsav, since his school days, took active participation in school plays and drama competitions, as he was always eager to perform on stage. While studying in college, Utsav acted in several theatrical productions like The Glass Menagerie, Baanjh, Khariya Ka Ghera, The Two of Us, A Doll’s House, and Dhik Tam.
- In October 2017, Utsav was featured in the video Kya Phone Itna Zaroori Hai? on YouTube, which was conceptualized and written by him.
- Chuski, a short film directed by Utsav, won the Best Short Film certificate at the Calcutta International Cult Film Festival in 2018.
- In July 2018, Utsav was one of the students, who were awarded a national scholarship in the field of theatre by the Ministry of Culture.
- In June 2019, Utsav Sarkar appeared in a commercial for the brand Hero Bangladesh.
- Utsav, after completing his post-graduation, worked as a screenwriter for various production houses in Mumbai. In February 2020, he worked as an assistant screenwriter at Prakash Jha Productions Private Limited in Mumbai, and he served there for around four months till May 2020. Later, he joined BuddyBits in Mumbai, and he worked there as a creative producer and screenwriter. In December 2020, he joined Third Bell Productionz in Mumbai as a sanctioned writer. Utsav Sarkar – LinkedIn
- In December 2021, Utsav appeared in the Hindi short film My Last Vlog in which he played the role of Nawab Malik on YouTube, and he was also the director, producer, writer, and editor of the film.
- In February 2021, Utsav Sarkar appeared as Shayantan Roy, a struggling poet, in the web series The Lineup on YouTube. The concept of the series was written by him. In an interview, on being asked about his role in the web series The Lineup, and how it was relatable to his own life, Utsav said,
Shayantan is an aspiring poet who wants fame and everything that goes with it, but is stuck in a 9 to 5 job to feed his family. He is an ambivert who keeps things to himself and only talks in poetry. I relate to him in the sense that things we are most passionate about may not always fetch us a livelihood and sometimes we have to make-do doing a job we don’t like. However, Shayantan’s struggles are harder than mine as I am fortunate enough to do what I love for a living. He doesn’t have the liberty to do so, and therein lies his angst.” BuddyBits
- Utsav has a YouTube channel, Flush Off FLUSH OFF – YouTube, where he posts funny videos on relatable topics, which are acted, directed, and written by him. Utsav’s video ‘Akela Hoon, Khush Hoon’ uploaded on 20 September 2018 on the YouTube channel BuddyBits, has crossed over 2.6M views.
- Utsav has a pet dog, Posto.
- Utsav has worked under the mentorship of a few well-known directors/screenwriters like Sai Paranjpye, Prakash Jha, Nadira Babbar, and Sanjay Upadhyay.
- In an interview, Utsav revealed that initially, he wanted to act in plays, but he later shifted his interest to screenwriting. He said,
“I was not cast for a part in a play I so badly wanted. I’d slogged myself, prepared for months, but I didn’t get it. I took it hard. Self-doubt seeped in. To cope, I started writing. Plays, screenplays, whatever came to mind. At that point in time, I just wanted to feel better about myself. One of the short films I wrote during this time was bought by a company for a handsome amount. And it is from here that my luck looked up and smiled. In a way, my foray into screenwriting started because of rejection.” BuddyBits
- In January 2022, Utsav Sarkar’s play, The Two of Us, was uploaded on YouTube in which he played the role of Nikhil.
- In June 2022, My Last Vlog, a short film directed and written by Utsav, won the Best Mobile Film at the Maharashtra Times Short Film Festival.