|Other name||Manjot Oberoi Instagram – Manjot Singh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Hindi): Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (2008) as young Lovinder ‘Lucky’ Singh (played by Abhay Deol)
Film (Punjabi): Pure Punjabi (2012) as Param
|Date of Birth||7 July 1992 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Hillwoods Academy Preet Vihar, New Delhi|
|College/University||Delhi University, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation (correspondence) Hindustan Times|
|Religion||Sikhism Punjab Khabar|
|Ethnicity||Punjabi Punjab Khabar|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Paramjot Singh (engineer and businessman)
Mother- Amrit Kaur Singh (housemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Sehebjot Singh (elder; works in Australia)
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Diljit Dosanjh|
|TV Show||Bigg Boss|
|Food||Gobi ka Paratha, Saag, Boondi ka Raita|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manjot Singh
- Manjot Singh is an Indian actor. He came into the limelight with the Hindi films ‘Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!’ (2008) and ‘Fukrey’ (2013).
- When Manjot was a child, he had a dream of becoming a banker.
- He did his graduation with correspondence. In an interview, while talking about it, he said,
I did my graduation through correspondence from DU. I got admission in Hindu College, but unfortunately, for some reason, they hadn’t released the list for Dramatics (Extra-curricular activities) quota. And when they called me again for auditions, I was shooting for Student of The Year (2012). So, I couldn’t go for it and lost the opportunity. Everyone tells me that I missed my college life.”
- Manjot once shared that initially he was not selected in the audition round of the Hindi film ‘Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!’ (2008). He said,
I had never acted before, even in school plays. My parents took me for the audition of ‘Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! After the audition, the casting director rejected me for the role. However, Dibakar Banerjee insisted on casting me even though the casting director wasn’t convinced, I just put my foot down.”
After getting selected for the role of Lucky Singh in the film, he attended a one-week acting workshop in Manali, Himachal Pradesh. He observed and learnt the walking style of Abhay Deol (who played the older version of the character which Manjot portrayed in the film) and even used a cheek pad to make his jaw look like Abhay Deol’s jaw.
- In 2009, Manjot won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor for his performance in ‘Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!’
- In 2010, he participated in the Colors reality TV show ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi.’
- Manjot Singh has acted in many popular Hindi movies such as ‘Udaan’ (2010), ‘Student Of The Year’ (2012), ‘Fukrey’ (2013), ‘Fukrey Returns’ (2017), and ‘Dream Girl’ (2019).
- In an interview, Manjot shared that once a casting director rejected him because of his turban. The casting director said to him,
Since you’re a sardar, it’s quite difficult for us to search a role for you. Just because I’m a sardar doesn’t mean I’m funny all the time.”
- He also mentioned that after his movie ‘Fukrey’ was released, he didn’t receive any good work for almost two years, even though he had received many offers earlier. Hindustan Times He said,
After Fukrey, I think ek time aaya tha ke mere paas do saal tak kaam nahi tha (there was time when I did not get work for two years). So, the offers that were coming I didn’t wish to do and things I wanted to do, weren’t coming my way. I was not satisfied with the offers I was getting. So that was a phase where I felt easy nahi hai (it’s not easy). Sitting at home, I was studying and at the same time I was getting films. I was earning good money too, (I thought) life is amazing. But reality check tab pata chalta (you get a reality check) when you have to wait for the right thing.”
- Manjot has also acted in Hindi web series like ‘College Romance’ (2018; Netflix & Sony LIV), ‘Made in Heaven’ (2019; Amazon Prime Video), ‘Zindagi inShort’ (2020; Flipkart Video), and ‘Chutzpah’ (2021; Sony LIV).
- Manjot has appeared in a few Hindi short films like ‘Zoya’ (2016), ‘Dream 1 Gurwinder’ (2019), and ‘Boom Boom’ (2020).
- He has appeared in TV commercials for well-known brands such as Coca-Cola and Maggi Noodles.
- Manjot loves animals and often shares pictures with cats and dogs on his Instagram account.
- He has been associated with a few NGOs for a long time.
- Apart from acting, Manjot has a strong interest in interior designing.
- During his free time, he enjoys going on long drives and listening to music.
- Manjot Singh occasionally consumes alcohol.