Varun Malhotra Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: New Delhi
Education: Master Of Business Administration
Marital Status: Married
|Profession||Financial Expert, YouTuber|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|School||He did his schooling from a school affiliated to UP Board in Prayagraj.|
|College/University||• IIM Ahmedabad
• Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri (exchange student)
|Educational Qualification(s) LinkedIn||• Master of Business Administration (2008-2009)
• CFA Course (2011-2013)
|Relationships & More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Varun Malhotra
- Varun Malhotra is the director and founder of EIFS Pvt. Ltd., a Delhi-based investment consultancy firm. He also makes YouTube videos related to the stock market.
- After completing his graduation, he got a job at Technip as an engineer. He worked there for three years from 2004 to 2007.
- In 2009, Varun set up Edge Institute for Financial Studies Pvt. Ltd. to advocate financial awareness and education. Since then, he has conducted seminars in top business schools across India, under the banner of his firm. He calls these seminars FLAP (Financial Literacy Awareness Program).
- His clientele includes leading firms like IOCL and Bank of America. He has even conducted workshops on financial investments for BSF soldiers. In an interview, he said,
We zeroed on index fund as a preferred option for soldiers to start SIP as it does not involve any continuous monitoring and requires no expert help to choose a fund. The index fund manager simply mirrors the index constituent weights.”
- Varun started his self-titled YouTube channel in 2015, where he started uploading videos on how to invest in the stock market. Through his videos, he talks about the risks and benefits of investing in various financial institutions. He also answers the stock market queries of amateur traders. As of March 2021, he more than 342K subscribers on his channel.
- Mr. Malhotra is a popular face on reputed business TV shows, and his articles pertaining to trending financial subjects are often published in newspapers.
- Apart from his YouTube channel, Varun has a website where he has uploaded lectures on the stock market and other financial institutions. According to him, he has trained more than 5,50,000 investors from all over the world.
- In 2018, Varun was invited to give a TEDx speech at the Indian Institute of Management in Amritsar.
- He has set the record of being the youngest person to give a lecture on “Paradigm Shift in Finance” at the New Delhi Institute of Management (NDIM). He is also the youngest speaker to lecture on ‘Portfolio Management Techniques’ at the Association of Technical Market Analyst (ATMA).
- In 2019, Mr. Malhotra was bestowed upon a certificate of acknowledgement from ISCI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India) for his financial literacy initiatives.
- Varun considers Warren Buffett (American billionaire investor and business tycoon) as his mentor, and he is often seen quoting Mr. Buffet’s investment tips.