Education: MSc In Economics
Age: 44 Years
|Profession(s)||CEO of Marcellus Investment Managers, Author|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||1976|
|Age (as of 2020)||44 Years|
|Hometown||He has an ancestral home in Kolkata.|
|School||St. Columba’s School in London|
|College/University||London School of Economics and Political Science|
|Educational Qualification(s) LinkedIn||• BSc in Economics (with First Class Honours; 1994-1998)
• MSc in Economics (with distinction in Macro & Microeconomics; 1997-1998)
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- Jeet Mukherjea
Daughter- Malini Mukherjea
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saurabh Mukherjea
- Saurabh Mukherjea is the founder and CEO of Marcellus Investment Managers, a financial consultancy firm based in Mumbai. He is also a popular business author.
- Saurabh Mukherjea was born in India, but at the age of fourteen, he, along with his family, shifted to London due to his father’s job transfer. He completed his further education in London.
- After completing his MSc, Saurabh began working as a senior consultant at London Economics in 1998. He quit that job in 2000 to take up the job of a consultant at the Accenture Strategy Practice, where he worked for the next three years. Saurabh co-founded Clear Capital, an investment centric consultancy firm, while he was in London. From 2003 to 2010, Saurabh was the head of the Noble Group.
- He returned to India in 2008 and joined Ambit Capital (a brokerage firm in Mumbai) in 2010 as its CEO. Saurabh resigned after an eight-year stint with the firm. At the time of his resignation, assets under advisory of the firm were values at around $800 million
- Saurabh set up an asset management company Marcellus Investment Managers in August 2018.
- He is famous for his bearish predictions in the stock market.
- Apart from being well established in the corporate sector, Saurabh is also an author. He has mostly written business books and many of them have been bestsellers. As of 2020, he has written four books including ‘Gurus of Chaos’ (2014), ‘The Unusual Billionaires’ (2016), ‘Coffee Can Investing: The Low Risk Route to Stupendous Wealth’ (2018), and ‘The Victory Project: Six Steps to Peak Potential’ (2020).
- Saurabh is a Fellow of the prestigious Royal Society of Arts.
- Business newspapers are often lapped up with his interviews and views on various financial matters. He is also featured on various business news channels, giving his opinions about the stock market.
- In 2017, Saurabh became a member of SEBI’s Asset Management Advisory Committee. In 2019, he also sat on the panel of the Expert Committee established by SEBI in 2019 to update and upgrade the PMS regulations.
- In 2007, Saurabh was rated as one of the top small-cap analysts by the Extel Survey in the United Kingdom. He was also rated as the leading equity strategist in 2015, 2016, and 2017 by the Asiamoney polls.
- Saurabh often organises workshops in various business colleges across India, where he enlightens students about the various aspects of the stock market.