|Profession||Social Media Beauty Influencer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||21 August 1979 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||42 Years|
|Educational Qualification||She earned a Fine Arts degree. Be Bad Ass|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Colours||Red, Black, Metallics, OPI Glitzerland|
|Concealers||Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation|
|Products||Purearth Wild Rose and Seabuck Face Cream, Rahua Volumizing Conditioner, Forest Essentials Silkening Shower Wash in Bengal Tuberose, Guerlain Shalimar Eau de Toilette, the original Coco by Chanel, Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara, Ananda in The Himalayas Cleansing Cream, Bobbi Brown Eye Liner, Chanel Retractable Kabuki Brush, Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque, YSL Eye Shadows, Benefit Sun Beam, The Body Shop Bath Gloves, Creme de La Mer Regenerating Serum, L’Occitane Hand and Foot Creams|
|Perfumes||Jo Malone Jasmine Sambac & Marigold, Givenchy Organza, Hermes Un Jardin Sur La Lagune, Byredo Black Saffron, Coco by Chanel|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vasudha Rai
- Does Vasudh Rai drinks alcohol?: Yes
- Vasudha Rai is an Indian social media beauty influencer. She is also an author and a columnist. She worked as a beauty director at renowned beauty magazines such as Harper’s Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and Women’s Health. ‘Glow: Indian Foods, Recipes and Rituals for Beauty, Inside and Outside’ book was written by her in 2018. She has a famous beauty blog named ‘Vbeauty.’
- Vasudha Rai began working as a beauty writer at Cosmopolitan magazine in 2002. Later, she joined Harper’s Bazaar and Women’s Health magazines as a beauty director. For approximately fifteen years, she has been writing blogs on beauty for these magazines and for own her blog.
- Several dermatologists, makeup artists, nutritionists, and yoga gurus are being consulted by her during her writing process. In The Hindu, a leading Indian newspaper, she contributes a weekly column. She also works as a freelance blog writer in magazines like Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue, Elle and HT Mint.
- At Yoga Studio, New Delhi, she works as a certified and professional yoga teacher. On 23 August 2018, she released her book on beauty titled Glow: Indian Foods, Recipes and Rituals for Beauty, Inside and Outside that was published by Penguin India.
- The synopsis of her book titled ‘Glow: Indian Foods, Recipes and Rituals for Beauty, Inside and Outside’ according to Vasudha Rai is,
Whoever said that great skin is purely genetic has obviously never harnessed the power of beauty foods. While it is possible to fake great skin with make-up, you can only be truly radiant when you nourish your body from within.”
- On Instagram, she has over 64k followers as she contributes beauty tips, make-up usages and products reviews on it. She is a social media beauty influencer who demonstrates beauty products usages for glowing skin at home.
- In a conversation with a media house, Vasudha Rai revealed her daily routine of glowing skin as a social media beauty influencer. She disclosed,
I wash my face with plain water… no face wash in the morning. I then apply SkinCeuticals C+E Ferulic, which helps brighten skin and prevent fine lines and pigmentation. I then top it with Dr Hauchska Rose Day Cream. I have sensitive skin, so I use VMV Hypoallergenics Armada Sport Sunscreen. It has SPF 60, but once I’m done with it I’m never using a product with SPF higher than 30.”
She further stated her evening and night routine for her skin. She narrated,
I massage my face with pure apricot oil that my yoga teacher got me from Ladakh. Then I wipe it off with a hot towel. If I’m only wearing powder and lipstick (which is almost always the case), I massage a pea-sized drop of Julisis Silver Wash Night with a drop of Manuka Essential Oil into my face. I then splash my face seven times with hot (but not scalding) water. And that’s it. It’s the modern variation of the old Erno Laszlo method. No night creams, etc. for me.”
- Vasudha Rai is also a face massage expert. On her social media account, she often displays various face massage techniques through videos.
- Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil is Vasudha’s favourite eye product. Cowshed Lippy Cow Natural Lip Balm and Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo in Message are her most liked lipsticks.
- Vasudha Rai is often featured by several magazines and tabloids in their beauty publications.
- According to Vasudha Rai, as a beauty editor, one has to do more research about the trending and genuine beauty products with new writers and makeup artists. In an interview with a media house, she explained the contrast between a beauty editor and a beauty influencer. She said,
I think as a beauty editor you need to do a lot more research. If you are writing for a big magazine then you cannot claim things based on your knowledge, every claim has to be backed up with research. Also beauty editors are constantly looking out for new faces, fresh writers, makeup artists – more collaborations than influencers I suppose.”
- Various online events are organised and attended by Vasudha Rai on rejuvenating beauty.
- In a conversation with a media house, Vasudha Rai disclosed that she regularly applied aloe vera before sleep. She further gave a beauty tip that one should start applying anti-ageing creams only after the age of twenty-five. She narrated,
Feeling happy, energised, radiant and peaceful.”
- Vasudha often shares pictures of her pet dog on her Instagram account. She is an animal lover.
Another photo was shared by Vasudha on her social media account while expressing her love for the cows.
- According to Vasudha Rai, she started writing her own blog to reveal the inner aspects of beauty like meditation, health, nutrition, yoga and mental make-up. In an interview with India Today, she explained why she started writing her own blog. She declared,
I started my beauty blog because I had been writing on beauty and wellness for close to 15 years and I wanted to share my learnings directly with people. I wanted to have one platform that spoke about not just make-up and skincare but deeper aspects of beauty such as health, nutrition, mental make-up, yoga, meditation-all the things that make people beautiful. I started VBeauty because I wanted to encourage people to not just look good at a superficial level.”
- Several beauty products’ brands are often advertised by Vasudha Rai on her Instagram account.
- To keep herself beautiful and healthy from the inside, Vasudha does yoga and meditation regularly.
- Various local radio channels often invite Vasudha Rai to their beauty shows.
- Vasudha Rai was nominated for the Cosmo India Blogger awards in 2018. On 3 April 2018, she was seen attending the awards.
- Vasudha explained in a conversation with a media house the beauty therapies that were to be adopted according to different age groups.