|Profession||Actress, Anchor, Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-36|
|Debut||Punjabi Film: Mahi NRI (2017)
Web Series: Lost & Found (2016)
|Date of Birth||21 July 1989 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||33 Years|
|School||Delhi Public School, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh|
|College/University||London College of Fashion, London|
|Educational Qualification||Master's degree in Fashion Designing|
|Hobbies||Painting, Reading, Dancing, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Karan V Grover|
|Marriage Date||31 May 2022 (Tuesday)|
|Husband/Spouse||Karan V Grover
|Parents||Father- D. S. Jabbal
Mother- Pinky Jabbal (School Principal)
|Siblings||Brother- Angad Jabbal (Engineer in USA)
|Food||Rajmah Chawal, Ice cream|
|Song||Endless Love by Lionel Richie|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Poppy Jabbal
- Poppy Jabbal is an Indian actress, model, and anchor.
- She belongs to a family of engineers. Every person in her family has done engineering except her father, and he wanted her to follow the family legacy so she took up maths and science as her main subjects till the 12th standard.
- Contrary to her father’s desire, Poppy wanted to build a career in the fashion industry. So, after completing her schooling, she went to London to get a degree in fashion designing from the London College of Fashion.
- After completing a master’s degree in Fashion Designing, she moved to Mumbai and started her career as a model.
- In an interview, she recalled that when she relocated to Mumbai, she knew nobody in the city. She had no relatives or friends but somehow she managed to get selected for an ad shoot which required around 50 people. She said that the shooting continued for approx. 20 hours and when the ad was released, she was not even visible in it. YouTube
- In 2009, she participated in ‘Gladrags Mega Model Manhunt’ and won the title of ‘Best Body’.
- Post ‘Gladrags Mega Model Manhunt’, Poppy Jabbal became a famous face in the entertainment industry and started getting more offers for TV ads and fashion shows.
- She has done various fashion shows including ‘Lakme Fashion Week’, ‘Bangalore & Pune Fashion Weeks’, ‘India Bridal week’, etc.
- She has done more than 80 TV commercials and print shoots.
- Poppy Jabbal has also done hosting for many sports shows like ‘Pro Wrestling League Khel Fauladi’ (2015) and ‘Celebrity Cricket League’ (2014-15).
- She loves painting and has also done a few workshops in painting.
- She is a fitness lover.
- Poppy Jabbal also hosted a Zee UK show named ‘Trendsetters’. The show telecasted more than 500 episodes.
- She was also a part of the TV show Vodafone MTV rush.
- In an interview, Poppy recalled the time when she was suffering from a gut-related disorder and was bloated which resulted in her putting on up to 6 kilos of weight. She revealed that she was a bit sad about her looks at that time but somehow gave an audition for the web series ‘Broken but Beautiful’. She got selected for the part of a pregnant psychiatrist but she refused to do the role. She revealed that a few days later, her favourite actress, Sridevi, passed which opened her eyes and made her realise that she should not deny the work that is coming her way. So she accepted the role and the web series went ahead to become a hit. YouTube
- Later, she did Broken but Beautiful Season 2 and Puncch Beat Season 2, which were both loved by the audience.
- Poppy also tried her luck in Punjabi films. After her debut with Mahi NRI opposite Harrdy Sandhu, she was featured in Tarsem Jassar‘s and Neeru Bajwa‘s film Uda Aida in 2019 and in Binnu Dhillon‘s Welcome Bhua Ji, which is scheduled to be released in September 2022.
- In an interview, she disclosed that she has given around 70 retakes for an ad shoot in which she just had to sit on a sofa and pose with a smile because the director wanted a perfect shot. YouTube
- She is very close to the Pyar Ka Punchnaama fame Sonnalli Seygall and actress Simran Kaur Mundi.
- She is a huge fan of Sunny Deol. She proposed to him during one of her shows. Sunny Deol purchased and signed the first ticket of her debut film Mahi NRI.
- In 2021, she tweeted against an insurance company in anger.
Harassing experience with #mdindia insurance.
Unreachable unavailable unreliable
What's the point of a medical insurance if you are going to b unavailable at the time of urgent need .
— POPPY JABBAL (@poppyjabbal3) June 25, 2021
- Poppy is an ardent believer in Yoga and Ayurveda. She incorporates it into her daily life and inspires several more to follow this preventive Healthcare science. She often posts pictures of herself doing Yoga on her social media handles. Facebook – Poppy Jabbal
- On Tuesday, 31 May 2022, Poppy got hitched to her long time boyfriend and actor, Karan V Grover, in an intimate Sikh wedding in Himachal Pradesh in the presence of their close friends and family.
- Reportedly, the couple was in a relationship for a decade. They met each other in a busy parking lot where Karan helped Poppy in finding a parking spot for her car. Later, they met each other at a common friend’s party and gradually fell in love.
- In an interview, upon being asked to describe herself in 3 words, she said,
PARTICULAR, COMPASSIONATE, GROUNDED. If you ask my friends then it will be Annoying, irritating, dominating”
- Poppy has been often spotted enjoying alcoholic beverages.