|Nickname||Babu YouTube- Gossip House|
|Profession(s)||Dancer, Choreographer, Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 135 cm
in meters- 1.35 m
in feet & inches- 4’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 30 kg
in pounds- 66 lbs
|Debut||TV (Contestant): India's Got Talent (2009)
|Date of Birth||11 April 1992 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||30 Years|
|Ethnicity||Maharashtrian YouTube- Gossip House|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||In 2019, he shared that he was in a relationship with a foreign girl from past 6 years. YouTube- Gosip House|
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||He has a sister.
|Dancer(s)||Prabhu Deva, Govinda|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vikas Sawant
- Vikas Sawant is an Indian dancer and actor. In 2022, he participated in the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss Marathi’ season 4.
- He was born into a poor family and used to live in a slum area.
- While he was in school, his schoolmates used to tease him by calling batlya and bauna. In an interview, while talking about it, he said,
I am a professional dancer and choreographer. I did not know in my childhood that my height could be a problem. I started having issues when I was growing up in my teenage years. People would call me ‘Batlya’ (a dwarf in Marathi). People would mock for being a dwarf. I got to know that day my height is not like others. People would also come home to offer me work in the circus but my father said a big ‘No’. My parents are aged and they can’t work at this stage of their life. So, I decided to go out and work. I worked as a joker for a few years and people would laugh at me. I later realized this as my strong side.”
- In his teens, he started working as a delivery boy for a bank in Mumbai to provide financial support to his family.
- He then decided to perform as a dancer and earn money for his family. His first dance performance was on the Hindi song “Mujhko Yaad Sataye Teri” from ‘Phir Hera Pheri’ (2006) at a local dance show. He earned Rs 2000 for his performance. YouTube- Gossip House
- Apart from being a dancer, he is also an actor. He has acted in Hindi TV serials such as ‘Chandramukhi’ (2007), ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ (2008), and ‘Gutur Gu’ (2010).
- He has played cameo roles in a few Hindi films like ‘Naksha’ (2006), ‘Jaan-E-Mann’ (2006), ‘Agneepath’ (2012), and ‘Dabangg 2’ (2012).
- His mother always wanted to see him perform on a TV show. In 2009, he auditioned for the Hindi Colors TV show ‘India’s Got Talent’ and got selected. He collaborated with a dance group for the TV show.
- Vikas then did his professional training in various dance forms like Bollywood and Freestyle.
- Later, Vikas participated in ‘ABCD Dance Competition’ and gained immense popularity with the show.
- In 2012, he played a cameo role in the Hindi film ‘Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum.’
- He has participated in various reality TV shows like India’s Dancing Superstar (2013).
- In 2013, he started his self-titled YouTube channel on which he uploads his dance videos.
- Vikas has performed live at various stage shows and events with many Bollywood actors like Govinda, Sunny Leone, and Riteish Deshmukh.
- In 2022, he participated in the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss Marathi’ season 4, hosted by the Indian actor and director Mahesh Manjrekar.
- His Instagram bio is,
I am perfect in my imperfection, Happy in my pain, Strong in my weakness and right in my own way, Coz i m me !!!”
- He has been honoured for his dance performance at various events.
- In his leisure time, he loves to travel and hang out with his friends.
- He is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog named Smolley.