Riteish Deshmukh Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Marriage Date: 3 February 2012
Age: 43 Years
Wife: Genelia D'Souza
|Full Name||Riteish Vilasrao Deshmukh|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, Architect|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||17 December 1978|
|Age (as of 2021)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Latur, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||G D Somani Memorial School, Mumbai|
|College/University||• Kamala Raheja School of Architecture, Mumbai
• The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute, California, USA
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Architecture|
|Debut||Hindi Film: Tujhe Meri Kasam (2003)
Marathi Film: Lai Bhaari (2014)
As a Film Producer: Balak-Palak (2012)
TV: India's Dancing Superstar (2013, as a judge)
|Political Inclination||Indian National Congress (INC)|
|Address||602, Worli Sagar Co-operative Housing Society, Purna Building, Worli, Mumbai 400030 (Vilasrao Deshmukh's residence)|
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket, Singing|
Best Performance in a Comic Role for the film "Housefull" (2011)
Best Performance in a Comic Role for the film "Double Dhamaal" (2012)
Best Actor in a Supporting Role for the film "Ek Villain" (2015)
Outstanding performance by a regional language film for the film "Lai Bhaari" (2015)
Won for the film "Yellow" (2014)
|Tattoo||A tattoo just below right elbow
|Controversies||• On 30 November 2008, Riteish took Ram Gopal Varma to visit the Taj Hotel in Mumbai, along with his father and then Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Vilasrao Deshmukh, after the 26/11 attacks. This matter was later politicized as both Riteish and Varma were criticized by the media and public of doing an inspection and get the details for their new film on terrorist attacks in Mumbai. Later, Riteish gave the clarification by saying, "I've always maintained that he (Ram Gopal Verma) was there because of me. I had taken him there. The media said that my father had invited Ram Gopal Verma (Taj incident) but that's not true. There is not one shot of the two talking to each other and my father didn't even know him...Till date, they have still not been introduced to each other!"
• In 2016, while hosting an awards show, Riteish jokingly said that John Abraham can never learn acting, even in the next 10-15 years.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Genelia D'Souza (Actress)|
|Marriage Date||3 February 2012|
|Wife/Spouse||Genelia D'Souza (m.2012-present)
|Children||Sons- Riaan Deshmukh (born in 2014), Rahyl Deshmukh (born in 2016)
|Parents||Father- Late Vilasrao Deshmukh (Politician, died in 2012)
Mother- Vaishali Deshmukh (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brothers- Amit Deshmukh (Elder, Politician), Dheeraj Deshmukh (Younger, Politician)
|Food||Mutton biryani, Aamti, Puran Poli, Kolhapuri Fish, Shrikhand|
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi|
|Film(s)||Bollywood: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Hollywood: The Notebook, Jerry Maguire
|Wrestler||Bret "The Hitman" Hart|
|Song||"Tujhe Dekha To Ye Jana Sanam" from the film Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
|Restaurant||Pali Bhavan in Mumbai|
|Cars Collection||Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Mercedes Benz W221 S Class, Range Rover, Honda CR-V, BMW electric car
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 4-5 crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$30 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Riteish Deshmukh
- Does Riteish Deshmukh smoke?: No
- Does Riteish Deshmukh drink alcohol?: No
- Riteish belongs to a family of political lineage with the Indian National Congress, as his father, Late Vilasrao Deshmukh, served as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, twice. His brothers are also associated with the Indian National Congress and he also is a loyal campaigner of the same party.
- He is a qualified architect and started his career in the same field in New York City.
- Deshmukh owns a design firm ‘Evolution Architectural Design Studio Private Limited.’
- His perfect comic timing in the adult comedy ‘Masti’ (2004) established him as an actor.
- In 2006, he changed the spellings of his name from ‘Ritesh’ to ‘Riteish,’ on numerological suggestions.
- When Genelia met Riteish for the first time, she had a perception about Riteish that he was the Chief Minister’s son so he might have been a spoilt brat.
- On his first date with Genelia, he treated her to a plate of Samosas. He later dated Genelia for around 8 years before getting married to her in 2012.
- He is 9 years older than Genelia.
- Riteish calls his wife, Genelia, by the name ‘Baiko.’
- His younger brother, Dheeraj Deshmukh, is married to actor Jacky Bhagnani’s elder sister Deepshikha Deshmukh (Honey).
- He enjoys playing cricket and is the owner of ‘Veer Marathi‘ team in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL).
- His first film in a villainous role was Sidharth Malhotra and Shraddha Kapoor starrer ‘Ek Villain’ (2014), for which he grabbed many awards.
- He has designed the interiors of the office premises of Shah Rukh Khan’s production house ‘Red Chillies Entertainment,’ and Karan Johar‘s house at Union Park (Bandra).
- He loves the number 1 so much that all his cars have the number 1.