Some Lesser Known Facts About Vinay Katiyar
- Vinay Katiyar is considered one of the most prominent BJP firebrand politicians in North India.
- He was born into a Kurmi Family who are enlisted as the Other Backward Class (OBC) in India.
- Katiyar started his political journey with Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), the student wing of the Sangh Parivar i.e., RSS, where he worked as it’s Organizing Secretary from 1970-1974 and later became the Convener of the Jayaprakash Narayan’s Bihar Movement in 1974. He became a Pracharak (full-time worker) of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) in 1980.
- He founded Hindu Jagran Manch in 1982.
- He founded Bajrang Dal to support Ram Janambhoomi Movement in 1984.
- In January 2015 he kicked up a sexist storm by saying that there are prettier campaigners than Priyanka Gandhi.
- After a gap of 25 years, the Supreme Court revived the criminal conspiracy charges against Vinay Katiyar and others including L. K. Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, and Uma Bharti on 30 May 2017.
- He is known for delivering controversial statements and most of his statements are based on the line of religion. In one such statement, he said that Delhi’s Jama Masjid was originally a Hindu temple called “Jamuna Devi Mandir.”
- Apart from being a politician, Mr. Katiyar has also interest in sports, and when it comes to his favourite one, He prefers Kho Kho over the other sports.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)