Vinay Katiyar Age, Caste, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
His Hindutva Ideology and Right-Wing Extremism
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
• Organizing secretary of ABVP's Uttar Pradesh State unit from 1970 to 1974.
• Convener of the Jayaprakash Narayan's Bihar Movement in 1974.
• He became a Pracharak of RSS in 1980.
• He founded Hindu Jagran Manch in 1982 and in 1984 was chosen to start a new youth organization Bajrang Dal to support the Ram Janambhoomi Movement.
• Katiyar also served as the President of Uttar Pradesh State Unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party from 2002 to 18 July 2004 and has been the National General Secretary of the BJP from 2006 onwards.
• Katiyar was elected to the Lok Sabha from the Faizabad (Ayodhya) constituency to the 10th, 11th and 13th Lok Sabha in 1991, 1996 and 1999, respectively and to the Rajya Sabha as a representative of Uttar Pradesh in 2012.
Ravi Prakash Verma of the Samajawadi Party
Date of Birth
11 November, 1954
Age (as in 2018)
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Kanpur University, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
House No. 111, Hindu Dham, Ramkot, Ayodhya District, Faizabad, U.P
• In an interview in 2018 with ANI, Katiyar said that there was no need for Muslims in India and they should leave India and settle down in Bangladesh or Pakistan.
• Katiyar also said that Taj Mahal was an Indian monument at Aurangzeb's time and will be returned to it's "original state" soon by destruction.
Relationships & More
Late Ram Bethi
Son- 1 Daughter- None
Father- Shri Devi Charan Katiyar Mother- Late Shrimati Shyam Kali
• Cash: ₹2.10 lakhs
• Bank Deposits: ₹50 lakhs
• Gold and Silver Jewellery amounting to ₹20.80 Lakhs
Vinay Katiyar is considered one of the most prominent BJP firebrand politicians in North India.
He was born into a Kurmi Family who are enlisted as the Other Backward Class (OBC) in India.
Katiyar started his political journey with Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), the student wing of the Sangh Parivar i.e., RSS, where he worked as it’s Organizing Secretary from 1970-1974 and later became the Convener of the Jayaprakash Narayan’s Bihar Movement in 1974. He became a Pracharak (full-time worker) of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) in 1980.
He founded Hindu Jagran Manch in 1982.
He founded Bajrang Dal to support Ram Janambhoomi Movement in 1984.
In January 2015 he kicked up a sexist storm by saying that there are prettier campaigners than Priyanka Gandhi.
After a gap of 25 years, the Supreme Court revived the criminal conspiracy charges against Vinay Katiyar and others including L. K. Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, and Uma Bharti on 30 May 2017.
He is known for delivering controversial statements and most of his statements are based on the line of religion. In one such statement, he said that Delhi’s Jama Masjid was originally a Hindu temple called “Jamuna Devi Mandir.”
Apart from being a politician, Mr. Katiyar has also interest in sports, and when it comes to his favourite one, He prefers Kho Kho over the other sports.