Education: BA 2nd Year
Age: 52 Years
Hometown: Karnal, Haryana
|Profession(s)||Businessman, Social Worker, Politician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in feet & inches- 5’ 10”|
|Hair Colour||Black & Grey|
|Political Journey||• In 1995- Karnal Young Party President
• In 1995- 2001 Party worker in Haryana Vikas Party in 2018
• In 1998- 2002, District General Secretary
• In 2002- 2004, General Secretary and Core group member
• In 2004- BJP Member
• In 2004-2008- State Executive Member & State Vice President of Business Association
• In 2008- District President
• In 2013- State Minister and District In-Charge for 2 Districts
• In 2013/2015- State secretary
• In 2015/2016- State Executive member BJP, District In charge Kaithal
• In 2016-2018- Shugerfed Chairman Haryana
• In 2018-2020- State Executive Member BJP
|Date of Birth||19 December 1969|
|Age (as of 2022)||52 Years|
|Educational Qualification||BA 2nd year|
|Hobbies||Social work and cow seva|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chander Parkash Kathuria
- Chander Parkash Kathuria was born in a Punjabi family of Shekhpura Suhana, a small village in Karnal, Haryana. His father Shankar Das Kathuria was a farmer by profession. Kathuria later started working as a labourer. While there, he became a mason in just a year and within 3-4 months.
- Happy with Kathuria’s work, his contractor made him the supervisor. Later, he himself became a small-time contractor. He started his political journey in 1995 with Chaudhary Bansilal’s ‘Haryana Vikas Party’ where he stood against Surrender, Bansilal’s son. He tried very hard to force out congress from the state. The party saw his potential and made him the ‘Karnal Youth President.’
- Soon after that, he became the ‘District General Secretary’ for 4 years and between the years 2002 and 2004 he became the ‘State General Secretary’ besides being the core member of the party. When the core group meeting was held before the merging of the Haryana Vikas Party, he refused to join Congress.
- He was influenced by the policies of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and BJP. After meeting the leader of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Shivraj Singh Chouhan in 2004, he joined BJP along with Ganesh Lal, the president of the Haryana Vikas Party and thousands of other workers.
- Watching Chander Parkash’s popularity, BJP made him its candidate from Karnal in the 2009 assembly elections but contrary to everyone’s belief, unfortunately, Chander Parkash lost the election. But, during the same time, he became a BJP state minister and forced the government to take decisions and make changes on many issues.
- He performed a hunger strike and ‘dharna’ to speed up the construction of the Karnal flyover to save the public from many accidents. In 2014, he was the election in charge of the Karnal assembly constituency during the Lok Sabha elections. During this election, Parkash gave BJP a lead of 56,000 votes. Needless to mention, BJP won with a good number of votes.
- On 13 December 2016, he was appointed as the chairman of Haryana Sugarfed by the government. Soon after he took up the chairmanship, he did a striking job in the first financial year itself by reducing about 400 crores worth of losses in the sugar mills.
- During his tenure as the Chairman, Chander Parkash Kathuria laid the foundation stone of a new sugar mill in with the demand of farmers of Panipat and Karnal sugar mills for the previous 22 years.
- Chander Parkash is also known to be a philanthropist and some of his social works include providing proper education facilities to needy and orphan children, helping and assisting in the marriage of girls from a poor family background, and giving abandoned cows shelter by sending them to Gaushalas.