in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 145 lbs
Salt & Pepper
Date of Birth
12 February 1964
Age (as in 2018)
New Delhi, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign
New Delhi, India
• American College of Switzerland
• Schiller International University
• B.Sc. in International Business Administration from American College of Switzerland
• Master of Business Administration from Schiller International University
Film (Producer): Talvar
Travelling, Skiing, Playing Tennis, Reading, Writing
Awards, Honours, Achievements
2009: Rajiv Gandhi Award 2013: IMPACT Person Of The Year
• In 2012, Vineet Jain was caught in a conversation with Ken Auletta (an American writer, journalist, and media critic for The New Yorker) stating that “We are not in the newspaper business, we are in the advertising business.”
• Vineet's willingness for accepting black money from a “client” was exposed in 2018's 'Operation 136 Part 2,' a sting operation by Cobrapost. This operation raised many questions on the business ethics of Vineet.
Girls, Affairs and More
Sahdna Jain (Journalist)
Father- Late Ashok Kumar Jain Mother- Indu Jain (Chairperson of BCCL)
Brother- Samir Jain (Vice Chairman and Managing Director of BCCL) Sister- None
Net Worth (approx.)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vineet Jain
He was born in a Sahu Jain Family.
He is the Managing Director and Chairman of “The Times of India and Bennett Coleman & Co. Limited”.
In 1986, he joined BCCL.
He is the Chairman of Times Internet Ltd and Bharat Nidhi Limited since 28 April 2003 and has been the Non-Executive Chairman of Mirchi Movies Limited.
From 14 April 2001 to 27 December 2008, he worked as the Director of HDFC Bank Limited.
He has also been the Director of companies like Entertainment Network (India) Limited, Worldwide Media Private Limited, Times Global Broadcasting Company Limited, Times Journal India Private Limited, Times Online Money Limited, Zoom Entertainment Network Limited, Times Infotainment Media Limited, Optimal Media Solutions Limited, Times Centre for Media Studies (Section 25 Co.), and S.P. Jain Foundation (Section 25 Co.).
From September 2010 to September 2011, he served as the Director of The Press Trust of India Limited.
In 2013, he was awarded the Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2013 by the Bombay Management Association for making the group into India’s most respected and largest media.
In 2014, he paid himself the highest salary of amount ₹46.37 Crore in the history of Indian Corporate.
In 2017, he was ranked 23rd on India’s 50 Most powerful people of 2017 list by India Today magazine.
He is also a movie critic and gives his reviews on the films. For ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani;’ starring Vidya Balan and Emraan Hashmi; his review was, “Poor direction and overdramatic dialogues made a potentially good plot unrealistic. The movie completely lacked emotion even though the whole premise this movie was based on was to make the audience cry and be engulfed with emotion.”
He has produced a few films like Talvar, Bareilly Ki Barfi, Raazi, and Junglee.
Some major newspapers run by The Times Group are The Times of India, Mumbai Mirror, The Economic Times, Navbharat Times, etc and two magazines Femina and Filmfare.
Vineet Jain addressed the Global Business Summit 2018, New Delhi.