Age: 42 Years
Wife: Parveen Shahani
Marriage Date: 14 December 2006
|Full Name||Emraan Anwar Hashmi|
|Nickname(s)||Emmi, Serial Kisser|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Body Transformation||For Tiger 3 (reportedly): In September 2021, the actor took to social media to share a collage of video in which he was seen doing heavy workout sessions. The actor captioned the video as "Dear Fat, prepare to die!"
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||24 March 1979|
|Age (as of 2021)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Pulgaon, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Debut||Film: Footpath (2003)
|Address||A duplex in Bandra, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Playing Video Games, Collecting Watches, Doing Photography|
|Controversies||• In 2009, after not getting a flat in the 'Nibbana cooperative housing society' in the Pali Hill area, Bandra, Mumbai, he accused the society of doing “religious discrimination” against him as they refused a no objection certificate (NOC) to purchase a flat in the society because of his religion, which was denied by the society.
M D Suvarna, from whom Emraan wanted to buy the flat, later said that he didn't want to sell it anymore. He said, "I received a call from my son in Canada that he might return and might need the flat; he then advised me not to sell it. I informed the Hashmis that my plans had changed and my son needed the flat."
• When Emraan and Mahesh Bhatt were invited at Karan Johar's show 'Koffee with Karan', he said that Aishwarya Rai is "plastic", Aamir Khan is "boring" and then used the "overrated" adjective for Imran Khan.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||December 14, 2006|
|Wife/Spouse||Parveen Shahani (m.2006-present)
|Children||Son- Ayaan Hashmi (born in 2010)
|Parents||Father- Anwar Hashmi (Businessman, Actor)
Mother- Maherahh Hashmi (Actress)
|Siblings||Brother- Calvin Hashmi
|Actor(s)||Bollywood: Sanjay Dutt, Dilip Kumar
Hollywood: Michael J Fox, Jack Nicholson
|Actress||Sridevi, Katrina Kaif|
|Perfume||Eternity by Calvin Klein|
|Brand(s)||Diesel, G-Star, Replay, Dsquared2, Hugo Boss, Audemars Piguet|
|Restaurant||Bademiya in Mumbai|
|Colour(s)||Black, White, Blue|
|Cars Collection||BMW 5 series, Audi A8, Honda Civic
|Bike Collection||Ducati Diavel
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 10-12 crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 89 Crore ($13 million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Emraan Hashmi
- Does Emraan Hashmi smoke?: No
- Does Emraan Hashmi drink alcohol?: Yes
- Emraan was born to a Muslim father and a Christian (Catholic) mother and his loved ones used to call him Emmi.
- His paternal grandfather, Shauqat Hashmi, migrated to Pakistan after the 1947 Indo-Pak partition, while his grandmother, Meherbano Mohammad Ali (a.k.a Purnima), was an actress, who stayed back in India.
- He is a relative of the Bhatt family; as he is the maternal nephew of Mahesh Bhatt and cousin of Alia Bhatt, Rahul Bhatt, Pooja Bhatt, and Shaheen Bhatt.
- Since his childhood, he was interested in acting.
- He did many ad commercials as a child. Here’s a video of one of his commercials:
- He is married to his long-time beau Parveen and prefers to keep his personal life hidden from the media.
- Before his debut, he worked as an assistant director in Bipasha Basu and Dino Morea starrer ‘Raaz’ (2002).
- He was supposed to make his Bollywood debut with the film ‘Yeh Zindagi Ka Safar’ (2001) alongside Ameesha Patel but was rejected later; as the makers of the film felt that he was not fit for the role.
- After making his debut, he changed his screen name from Emraan to Farhan Hashmi, but after the release of his next film Murder, he again changed it to Emraan Hashmi.
- His movie “Murder” made a turning point to his career, and he received great laurels from the viewers for this film. He also got the tag of Serial Kisser after this.
- Though he is known for his kissing scenes, ‘Awarapan’ (2006) was an exception which had no kissing scenes.
- In an interview, he was asked about his best and worst on-screen kiss, to which he replied that his Murder 2 kiss with Jacqueline Fernandez was the best and the one with Mallika Sherawat in Murder was the worst one.
- He hates parties and socializing; as it makes him bored.
- Emraan was spotted in a very different look in the film Shanghai; he was seen with a paunch and dirty teeth, and his performance was critically acclaimed.
- He has done a lot of commercials also, but he chooses very wisely the type of commercials he wants to do.
- He had struggled through the most difficult part of his life when his four-year-old son was detected with cancer.
- In 2016, his autobiographical book ‘The Kiss of Life’ was released in which he shared his experience dealing with his 3-year-old son Ayaan’s cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- More than his movies, his songs make a buzz and accumulate half of the cost of the movie alone.
- He told that he doesn’t like watching movies since his childhood.
- He is a gadget freak.
- Emraan is fond of buying latest cars and bikes.