Wife: Poonam Rathod
Age: 58 Years
Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters-175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Debut||Song (Bollywood): Mere Dil Main Hai Andhera from the film Bedaag (1986)
Song (Bengali): Bhadra Falgun Chaitra Ashar Sraban from the film Guru (2003)
|Date of Birth||12 September 1962 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||59 Years|
|Hobbies||Reading, Listening to music|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Pandit Chaturbhuj Rathod
Mother- Name Not Known
|Brother(s)||Brother- Roop Kumar Rathod
Brother- Shravan Rathod
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vinod Rathod
- Vinod Rathod is an Indian playback singer.
- He was born into a family with a musical background as his father, Pandit Chaturbhuj Rathod, was known as the Samrat of Dhrupad Dhamar of India. He used to play musical instruments in his early days.
- Vinod has two brothers, Roop Kumar Rathod and Shravan Rathod, and they both worked in the music industry as playback singers and music directors.
- His powerful voice made him stand out from the crowd.
- Though he has not sung a large number of songs like his contemporaries Kumar Sanu and Udit Narayan, he was always in demand as a playback singer in the 90’s.
- Vinod was trained by his father who recognized the talent of his son and taught him music.
- He started his musical journey as a tabla player.
- In early 1986, Usha Khanna (music director) approached him to sing a qawwali song, Mere Dil Main Hai Andhera, Koi Shamma To Jala De in Do Yaar, after listening to his voice in a cassette.
- He has worked with top music directors like Anu Malik, Ismail Darbar, Nadeem Shravan, and Laxmikant Pyarelal.
- The song that changed his career was Sandese Aate Hai from the movie Border (1997).
- Vinod has also worked on the TV serial title song “Yeh Jeevan Hai Akash Ganga” for the serial Akash Ganga.
- Vinod has sung various hits like Ae Mere Humsafar, Kitabein Bahut Si, Samajhkar Chand Jisko, and Chupana Bhi Nahin Aata – Baazigar.
- He has sung more than 3500 songs in various languages such as Hindi, Nepali, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Sindhi, Punjabi, Bengali, Oriya, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Rajasthani, Bhojpuri, and Persian.
- He received unimaginable popularity that gave him the energy to pursue his passion for music tirelessly.
- He was credited with the ability to sing songs in multiple languages, which gave him a reputation as a talented artist.
- He has performed in many live concerts that were held in India and abroad.
- He sang in Hindi films like Devdas (2002), Jeet (1996), Traffic Signal (2007), and more.
- He gave voice to the title song of many popular TV shows including Shaktiman (1997-2005) & Aryamaan (2002).
- It’s been a few years since he last sang for a Bollywood song. In an interview, he said,
Can you name me any recent Bollywood movie whose songs you can incessantly croon throughout the day? You can’t. That is why I have quit Bollywood. The quality of music that is being produced today doesn’t appeal to me.”