|Other name||Anushay Gill Siasat|
|Full name||Anushae Babar Gill|
|Known For||Her Punjabi-Urdu single "Pasoori" (2022)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Song: Pasoori (2022)
|Date of Birth||22 January 1999 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||23 Years|
|Birthplace||Dahar, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Hometown||Dapar, Punjab, Pakistan|
|College/University||Forman Christian College, Lahore, Pakistan YouTube- BBC|
|Education Qualification||Graduation in Economics The New Yorker|
|Controversy||Trolled by Netizens
In May 2022, she shared an Instagram story for the Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala on his demise in which she wrote,
"Heartbroken. May his soul rest in peace and may his family and friends have the strength to bear this loss.”
She expressed her grief on Moosewala's demise which was not well received by some Pakistanis and they started trolling her for offering dua to a non-Muslim. NDTV She then shared a few screenshots of the messages of trollers. She wrote,
"I’ve been getting a lot of such messages. Just wanted to inform everyone that I am not a Muslim. I am a Christian and belong to a Christian family and can make prayers for people from different religions.”
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Babar Gill
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||She has one brother.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shae Gill
- Shae Gill is a Pakistani singer, who gained immense popularity with her debut Punjabi-Urdu song “Pasoori” (2022).
- Since childhood, she was inclined towards singing.
- In 2019, one of her friends Imaan made an Instagram account for her with the name Shae Gill. Shae started uploading her singing videos on the account. With time, her account gained popularity.
View this post on Instagram
- After watching her Instagram videos, the officials of Coke Studio Pakistan contacted her and offered her to sing a song for Coke Studio (Pakistan) Season 14. She agreed to it, and on 7 February 2022, her song “Pasoori” along with the Pakistani singer Ali Sethi was released. Within a few hours, the song reached a million views on Coke Studio’s official channel. In an interview, while talking about the success of the song, a few persons from Coke Studio Pakistan said,
Sethi wrote ‘Pasoori’ at a time when local performers were barred from working across the border. The song turns angst into art, its lyrics “inspired by the need to celebrate artistic self-expression”. Fun fact: one of the lines is a quote Sethi saw on the back of a truck. ‘Pasoori’ is a mix of cultural influences, from its reggaeton-inspired beat to the sound of the classical instrument rubab. According to Siddiqui, the song is of “a groundbreaking new hybrid genre” and “one of the most modern tracks of the season.” The set in the music video was designed by Hashim Ali who intended to create a communal space where artists can celebrate humanity “through not just ethnicity, but also variety in emotion, style and spirituality.”
- In May 2022, Shae collaborated with the famous Pakistani singer Atif Aslam and sang the Urdu song “Manzil.”
- She has been invited to perform at various stage shows and live events.