|Real name||Vardan Nayak Instagram|
|Profession||Makeup artist and Hairstylist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||Film (as an assistant): Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001)
Film (as individual): Student of the Year (2012)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Won Wedding Sutra’s award as "Top Celebrity Bridal Makeup Artist" in 2019
|Date of Birth||17 December 1984 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||36 Years|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||25 January 2015 (Sunday)
|Wife/Spouse||Kanak Randhawa (Lawyer)
|Children||Daughter- Asrit Nayak
|Parents||Father- Dilip Nayak (makeup artist)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Makeup Product||Lipstick, Eyelash curler, Concealer|
|Makeup Artist||Mickey Contractor, Kevyn James Aucoin, Mario Dedivanovic, Pat McGrath|
|Makeup Look||Makeup look of Manisha Koirala in the movie '1942: A Love story' (1994)|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 1,50,000 (per package) IBFW|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vardan Nayak
- Vardan Nayak is an Indian celebrity makeup artist and hairstylist who is famously known for the makeup look he created for Isha Ambani for her wedding. He is born and brought up in Mumbai. He has worked with many famous celebrities such as Priyanka Chopra, Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, Jacqueline Fernandez, Jhanvi Kapoor, Ananya Pandey, Ranbir Kapoor, and many more. He is passionate about doing bridal makeup and is an expert in the makeup industry for bridal makeup.
- He was given the name ‘Vardan’ by Salma Agha (a Pakistani singer and actress), who is the mother of Sasha Agha. The Fans World
- He belongs to the family of makeup artists. His grandfather was a makeup artist and have worked with the actors like Pran Krishan Sikand and Motilal Rajvansh. His father is a makeup artist as well, at a very young age, Vardan started helping his father in small chores like cleaning the makeup equipment for his father which his father used for different celebrities. When he was at the age of 15 years, he assisted his father as a makeup artist, Vardan accompanied his father to different destinations to travel with the celebrities for their shoot locations. He learnt the basic skills of makeup from his father.
- At the age of 20 years, he entered the field of makeup to work independently without his father’s influence. He got a chance to be an assistant of Mickey Contractor (famous celebrity makeup artist). He considers Mickey Contractor as his mentor and guru, he was assistant of Mickey Contractor for about 10 years. While he was working for Mickey Contractor, he has travelled around the world and his first project as an assistant of Mickey Contractor was in Egypt. In an interview, he was asked about his inspiration, to which he replied,
My true inspiration is my Mickey Sir (aka Celebrity Make-up Artist Mickey Contractor). His work in films and magazines was so incredible that my will and desire to become like him only increased with every view of his work. His creativity is unmatched as he has the most unique ideas. The day I joined him he told me only one thing that he will stay with me all my life, it was “Be Focused.” What inspired me more was that I wanted to be like him, but of course he is a living legend and no one can be like Mickey Sir. His hardwork and honesty towards work inspires me every day.
- When he was an assistant to Mickey Contractor, Vardan and Mickey both sat in a restaurant with a notepad in hand and whenever a female entered the restaurant, they both wrote down the basic makeup products she was wearing such as foundation, undertones, etc. and later matched with each other for evaluation. According to Vardan, this is a great way to understand the technicalities and basics of makeup.
- Vardan organises occasional masterclasses to teach students the art of makeup and hairstyle.
- His first Individual project as a makeup artist was for the movie Student of the Year (2012), he was the makeup artist of Alia Bhatt which happened to be the debut movie of Alia Bhatt as well. Later, he worked with Alia Bhatt in movies like Badrinath Ki Dulhania (2017) and 2 States (2014).
- Vardan has worked in some of the most famous movies such as Sanju (2018), Sultan (2016), Dhadak, D-Day (2013), Dedh Ishqiya (2014), Ek Thi Daayan (2013), Dobaara: See Your Evil (2017) and many more.
- In an interview, he was asked about his dream celebrity he wants to work with, to which he replied, that he always wanted to work with Sachin Tendulkar and also got chance to work for him in few Tv commercials, events and print ads. His dream Hollywood celebrity to work with is Kim Kardashian West.
- According to Vardan, his most difficult and challenging look to work with was of Anushka Sharma for the movie Sanju (2018). In an interview, he said,
The most difficult was Sanju. The team was explaining everything and I was working on Anushka Sharma’s look. I got a shock when they introduced the curly hair and my only concern was that it shouldn’t overpower the look. So we added the blue contact lenses. Actually, she was very tan in the movie, I had given her four shades darker which contoured the face really well, but because of the lighting, she was looking fairer.