Rajkumar Ranjan Singh Age, Caste, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Age: 69 Years
Wife: Chungkham Debala Devi
Education: M.A. (Geography), B.T. & PhD
|Other name||R. K. Ranjan Singh Rajkumar Ranjan Singh Facebook Profile|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Positions Held||In May 2019: Elected to 17th Lok Sabha
13 Sept. 2019 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Science & Technology, Environment & Forests
09 Oct. 2019 onwards: Member, Rules Committee and Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region
|Books Published||• Global Environment Concerns
• Hydro-politics of Tipaimukh High Dam
• Constrain in Development in Manipur
• Geo-Manipur Alert
• Wetlands of Manipur Vol. 1
• Seismic Awareness in North-East India
• Forest Atlas of Manipur
• Loktak Lake and Manipur Life World
|Date of Birth||1 September 1952 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||69 Years|
|Birthplace||Kongba Nandeibamleikai, Imphal East, Manipur, India|
|College/University||Gauhati University, Assam, India|
|Educational Qualification(s)||He did M.A. (Geography), B.T. and Doctor of Philosophy in Geography in 1982 from Gauhati University, Assam, India My Neta|
|Address||Kongba Nandeibam Leikai, PO. Singjamei, P.S. Irilbung, Dist. Imphal East Manipur|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||04 Jun 1984|
|Wife||Smt. Chungkham Debala Devi|
|Children||He has two sons and a daughter.|
|Parents||Father- Shri Rajkumar Nilamani Singh
Mother- Smt. Ningthemcha Ongbi Achoubi
|Assets/Properties (as of 2019) My Neta||Moveable (worth Rs 32,36,825.64 Lakh)
• Cash- Rs 12,000
• Deposits in Banks- Rs 8,81,208.64
• NSS, Postal Savings- Rs 9,91,271
• Motor Vehicles- Rs 11,97,346
• Jewellery- Rs 1,60,000
Immovable Assets (worth Rs 1,63,79,348 Lakh)
|Net Worth (approx.) (as of 2019) My Neta||Rs 1,67,02,973.64|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajkumar Ranjan Singh
- Dr Rajkumar Ranjan Singh is an Indian politician. He was elected as the 17th Indian Lok Sabha member in 2019 for representing the Inner Manipur constituency, Manipur, India. On 7th July 2021, Rajkumar Ranjan Singh was given the charge of the minister of state education and foreign affairs under the leadership and government of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- After finishing his postgraduation in Geography from Gauhati University in 1972, Rajkumar Ranjan Singh started teaching as a lecturer at Ideal Girls’ College in 1973 and served there up to 1984. In 1984, he worked as an assistant professor at Manipur University in the Department of Earth Science. In 1985, he was appointed as the Deputy Registrar of the University. Later, he served as the Registrar of Manipur University from 2004 to 2008.
- Till his retirement in 2012, Ranjan Singh served as the director-in-charge of the UGC Academic Staff College and College Development Director of Manipur University.
- In 2013, Ranjan Singh entered politics and joined the Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) after his superannuation from Manipur University.
- In 2014, he contested for the Inner Manipur seat in the Lok Sabha polls 2014 as a BJP candidate but lost. However, in 2019, he won on his second attempt at the Lok Sabha polls.
- Apart from being a politician, Rajkumar Ranjan Singh has also contributed to literary, artistic and scientific fields both nationally and internationally. He has published more than 100 articles and 25 research papers. The topics of his writings mainly revolve around the environmental, water and land issues in Manipur, India. In the national level articles, he wrote several articles related to the border issues of Indo-Myanmar. Internationally, he published five research papers that specifies the issues related to the transboundary rivers and lakes. Rajkumar Ranjan Singh is often seen discussing these international issues on various local TV and radio channels including DDK and Imphal AIR.
- Dr Rajkumar Ranjan Singh frequently participates in various social and cultural activities in Manipur. These activities include working for emotional and cultural integration of Manipur’s ethnic communities residing both in hills and plains. He is also a member of the Manipur Cultural Integration Conference (MCIC). Rajkumar Ranjan Singh is the editor of the “Regional Integration” Bilingual Quarterly Journals. He is the former president of the Forward Artist Camp (FACE) of Manipur, India.
- Dr Rajkumar Ranjan Singh actively works for the documentation and conservation of the cultural and natural heritage of Manipur. He often campaigns for the conservation and protection of the mountains and riverine ecology, wetlands and the various species of fauna and flora.
- Rajkumar Ranjan Singh adores organising nature camps, trekking and climbing mountains. He also likes bird watching as his favourite pastime and recreation activity.
- In his leisure time, Dr Rajkumar Ranjan Singh loves travelling to foreign countries including Bangladesh, Indonesia, Myanmar, the Philippines and South Africa.
- Rajkumar Ranjan Singh actively involves himself in various sports and club events. He is the founder member of Manipur Cannoying & Kayaking Ass, Manipur Cycle Club and also holds the position of president of a native game of Manipur named ‘All Manipur Kang Association.’
- Rajkumar Ranjan Singh is a yoga enthusiast, and he actively campaigns to promote yoga through his various posts on social media.
- Dr Rajkumar Ranjan Singh actively participates in various International webinars concerning international issues.