Gayatri Reddy Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Husband: Aneesh Bhatia
|Birth name||Tikkavarapu Gayatri Reddy Twitter|
|Full name||Gayatri Reddy Bhatia Twitter|
|Profession(s)||Journalist, Socialite, and Sports Promoter|
|Famous for||• Owner of the Deccan Chargers in the Indian Premier League (now defunct).
• Daughter of T. Venkattram Reddy (Owner of Deccan Chronicle).
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth||24 July 1986 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||35 Years|
|College/University||University College London|
|Educational Qualification||B.Sc. honours in construction management from University College London. Mint|
|Controversies||• Termination of Deccan Chargers: In September 2012, after playing for five years in the IPL and winning the title once, the Hyderabad-based Deccan Chargers franchise, owned by Gayatri, was terminated from the IPL. The BCCI terminated the franchise after its owners declined the sole Rs. 900 crore bid from the PVP Ventures while selling the franchise. However, in July 2020, a Bombay High Court-appointed arbitration tribunal ruled that the decision to terminate Deccan Chargers by the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) on grounds of contract breach was illegal. The court ordered the BCCI to pay a compensation of INR 4814.67 crores plus 10% interest from 2012 to the Deccan Chronicle Holding Ltd. SportstarThe Hindu Business Line
• Gayatri's father and uncle arrested: On 14 February 2015, Gayatri's father and paternal uncle were arrested by the CBI in relation to a Canara Bank money-laundering case, and their arrest made headlines. The News Minute According to a report, when the complaint was registered against the Reddys, T. Venkattram Reddy's sports cars, posh bungalows, and other assets were seized. Reportedly, Gayatri and her mother's jewellery, posh wardrobe, and apartments were also auctioned. India Herald
• Reddy family's assets seized: In the same money laundering case against the DHCL, the former promoters of the firm, her father and uncle, were the prime accused. In October 2020, the ED provisionally attached the immovable assets worth Rs 122.15 crore belonging to Reddys. Reportedly, the ED also seized the high-end vehicles of the Reddy family. The agency had also hinted at the involvement of Reddys' close family members in the case. The Hindu
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||17 February 2016|
|Husband/Spouse||Aneesh Bhatia (Director/Owner at
Hindustan Aerosystems Pvt. Ltd. and the son of AirAsia India's co-founder)
|Children||Daughter- Aleena Bhatia
Note: She has one more child.
|Parents||Father- T. Venkattram Reddy (Owner and Chairperson of Deccan Chronicle Holdings Limited)
Mother- Manjula Reddy (worked as senior features editor at the Deccan Chronicle)
|Siblings||Brother- T. Vijay Reddy (Vice- President of Deccan Chronicle)
|Car Collection||• 23 Bentley Continental GT Convertibles
• 4 Bentley Flying Spurs
• 2 Lamborghini Gallardos
• 2 Bentley Arnage
• 1 Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe
• 1 Porsche 911 Carrera S
NOTE: The Reddy family has many more vehicles.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gayatri Reddy
- Gayatri Reddy is an Indian journalist, socialite, and sports promoter who is popularly known for owning the Deccan Chargers, a team in the Indian Premier League that is now defunct.
- Gayatri is a cricket fan who regularly expresses her views on the game, as well as other sports on her Twitter account.
- Her father, T. Venkattram Reddy, has been associated with the Indian National Congress and has also served as the member of the Rajya Sabha.
- Gayatri’s parents own a house in Delhi where she visited often while growing up. So, her fashion style and writings are inspired by both the cities’ culture, Hyderabad and Delhi. Zariin
- Gayatri enjoys an ultra-rich and lavish lifestyle, and the Reddys boast of a huge collection of high-end cars.
- Her paternal uncle, T. Vinayak Ravi Reddy, is another big shot of the South who is the Vice Chairman/Managing Director of Deccan Chronicle Holdings Ltd since 2003. He is also a board member of the Asian Age Holdings Ltd. and Sieger Solutions Ltd.
- When IPL began in 2008, Gayatri assisted her father in building the Deccan Chargers team. She was the sole in-charge of selecting the players and was involved in all the important decision making. The team won the IPL in 2009.
- The Telugu big shot used to be constantly present during her team’s games and was often spotted cheering the boys. Her regular presence in the cricket grounds made Gayatri one of the leading ladies of the IPL (Indian Premier League). At the same time, she became one of the most searched people on Google India. Mint
- In 2010-11, the Reddy family got associated with the Deccan Chronicle newspaper. Gayatri’s mother, Manjula Reddy, was appointed senior features editor at the Deccan Chronicle, who handled the Tabloid section and other major editorial responsibilities. T. Vijay Reddy, Gayatri’s younger brother with a B.Sc. degree in business studies, was appointed the vice-president of the venture. Business Standard
- After the Deccan Chargers controversy, several memes surfaced on social media through which people missed her “glamorous presence” in the IPL matches.
- In 2013, Gayatri took the position of features editor at Deccan Chronicle and The Asian Age newspaper. According to Gayatri, she loves to write about travel, sports, fashion, and cuisine. She has also interviewed many Indian celebrities.
- At the end of 2015, Gayatri Reddy got engaged to Aneesh Bhatia, who hails from a powerful and rich Delhi-based family. The engagement was a private ceremony, which reportedly took place in Sri Lanka. The Economic Times
- She started her new year with a bang by finally tieing the knot on February 17 in a 5-day long extravagant wedding affair with Aneesh. Her husband is an industrialist who runs Hindustan Aerosystems that manufactures and supplies precision components to the aerospace industry. He is the son of AirAsia India’s co-founder. The Economic Times The groom’s elder brother, Amit Bhatia is married to the Indian steel tycoon, Lakshmi Mittal’s daughter, Vanisha Mittal Bhatia.
- Gayatri has also served as a member of the Young Ficci Ladies Organisation (YFLO) Delhi Executive Committee (2020-21). Facebook
- In a column that she wrote for Hindustan Times, Gayatri expressed her views on her goals in life. In an interview, she revealed that once when her daughter asked her about the goal of her (Gayatri’s daughter) life, she became speechless as she had never given a thought over that. Hindustan Times Gayatri, while quoting the words of Swami Vivekananda, said,
I was too dumbfounded to answer, for I had never thought about it! I was leading my life, doing my job, raising my kids, looking after my family. But, were these my goals in life? Getting a cushy job, owning a house and car, getting a hefty bank balance — suddenly these seemed to pale away. That wasn’t my goal in life.”