|Real Name||Abhijeet Bhattacharya|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||30 October 1958|
|Age (as in 2018)||60 Years|
|Birth Place||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Ramakrishna Mission Higher Secondary School, Kanpur
BNSD Inter College Chunni Ganj, Kanpur
|College||Christ Church College, Kanpur|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduate (B.Com.)|
|Debut||Sung 2 songs (Wadon Ki Sham Hai, Nasha Hai Mujhe Bhi) for the film Anand Aur Anand (1984)|
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
Brother- 3 Brothers (Elder)
|Address||Bungalow in Mumbai named "Sunny Vistas"|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes: Not Known
Dislikes: People form Pakistan working in India, to work with new comers.
|Controversies||• He parted away from Shahrukh Khan and said he'll never sing a song for Shahrukh Khan as Shahrukh doesn't give him the attention he deserves.
• A FIR was lodged against him after a 34-year-old women accused him of molesting her at Durga Pooja Pandal. Abhijeet denied all the charges.
• He made a controversial tweet on Twitter regarding the hit & run case of Salman Khan.
• He made a controversial tweet on Twitter regarding the musical concert of singer Ghulam Ali.
• On 22 May 2017, he had a Twitter-war with the Shehla Rashid Shora. Abhijeet posted a series of tweets against JNU student and activist, Shehla Shora, terming her a 'sex worker.' After Shehla's report, Abhijeet's account was deleted. Meanwhile, another Bollywood singer, Sonu Nigam, also roped in and took the side of Abhijeet by deleting his own Twitter account in protest.
• In 2018, during the MeToo campaign, an anonymous Flight Attendant accused him of sexual misconduct.
|Favourite Singer||Kishore Kumar|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Sons: Dhruv, Jai
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abhijeet
- Does Abhijeet smoke?: No
- Does Abhijeet drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He started singing on stage from the age of 13.
- His ancestral background is from West Bengal this is why he is also called Dada.
- He was brought up in a middle-class family.
- He came to Mumbai in 1981 to peruse his higher studies in Chartered Accountancy but then he decided to shift his career and become a professional singer.
- Despite of being a talented singer, Abhijeet had to struggle a lot before getting singing projects, he went back to Kanpur many times leaving everything but later came back to try his luck again.
- He was discovered by the all time greatest composer, R.D. Burman.
- He received a call from R.D. Burman when he was packing his bags to go home. That was when his singing career started.
- His idol is Kishore Kumar, he tried to copy his singing style when he was young.
- He is also considered as voice of Shahrukh Khan as Abhijeet has sung many famous songs which featured Shahrukh Khan.
- He has sung songs in more than 15 different languages.