Abhilash Thapliyal Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Profession(s)||Actor, Radio Jockey, TV Host|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Instagram- Abhilash Thapliyal Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||TV (Host): He Thand Rakh (2016); aired on MTV
Film: Dil Juunglee (2018) as Prashant
Web Series: TVF Inmates (2017) as Suckesh; streamed on TVF Play, YouTube
|Awards||• 2013: Radio Jockey Fever 104 FM Award at the New York Fest
• 2014: Radio Jockey Fever 104 FM Award at the New York Fest
• 2014: Best Radio Jock Across Stations Award at the Fever 104 FM National Conference
• 2014: Election Campaign Delhi Award at the Fever 104 FM National Conference
• 2015: Most Innovative Show Award at the Goa Fest Abby Awards
|Date of Birth||24 November 1987 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Udhampur, Jammu & Kashmir|
|Hometown||Udhampur, Jammu & Kashmir|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 4, Jaipur (2005)|
|College/University||• Delhi University, New Delhi
• Sikkim Manipal University
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication at Delhi University, New Delhi (2005-2008)
• MA in Mass communication and Journalism at Sikkim Manipal University (2010-2012) LinkedIn - Abhilash Thapliyal
|Religion||Hinduism Instagram – Abhilash Thapliyal|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Instagram – Abhilash Thapliyal|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Anubhooti Panda (manager at Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Mumbai)|
|Marriage Date||15 April 2015|
|Parents||His father was a retired Army officer, who passed away in 2021 due to cancer. His mother is a homemaker.
|Siblings||He has a sister.|
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor|
|Book(s)||Harry Potter series, The Twentieth Wife|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abhilash Thapliyal
- Abhilash Thapliyal is an Indian radio jockey, actor, and TV host who predominantly works in the Bollywood industry. He is known for playing the role of Prashant in the Hindi film Dil Juunglee (2018).
- Abhilash was born in a Pahadi family in Udhampur, Jammu and Kashmir.
- According to Abhilash, since his early childhood, his parents often introduced him in front of guests as a funny and entertaining child.
- His father served as an Army officer. Owing to Abhilash’s father’s transferrable job in the Indian Army, he was brought up by his parents in various cities in India like Delhi, Gwalior, Gurdaspur, and Jaipur.
- Initially, Abhilash wanted to follow in his father’s footsteps and serve in the Indian Army. Soon after completing his higher secondary education, he applied to the National Defence Academy (NDA) but was rejected. In an interview, Abhilash talked about this and said,
That was my first and last attempt to join the Army. After my form was rejected, I pursued graduation from Delhi University and went on to become a radio jockey and actor. My dream still remains a dream. If I could go back in the past and change one thing, it would be my selection in the Army.”
- After Abhilash’s NDA application was rejected, he decided to pursue a career in Radio and a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication at Delhi University, India.
- In 2006, while Abhilash was pursuing his undergraduate degree in Delhi, he started his career as a radio jockey. He anchored his first radio show Mehfil, a music programme broadcasted on All India Radio.
- In 2007, he worked as a prime-time radio jockey and producer with radio station Tarang FM 104, Hisar; on the FM channel, he hosted the show Airtel Shaam ka Signal and Hafta Bandh.
- In an interview, Abhilash talked about his first job as a radio jockey in Hisar in 2007 and said that he used to receive a monthly salary of Rs 10,000. Abhilash said,
Phir kya tha apan bhi lag gaye and joined a radio in Hisar during college itself. I used to travel from Delhi to Hisar. At that time I get ten thousand rupees in cash as salary. The day I used to come from Hisar to Delhi by Haryana Roadways bus with salary, my condition used to be bad. I used to think that no one should know that cash is kept in my bag. Due to uneasiness throughout the way, I used to manage my bag somehow.”
- In July 2008, Abhilash started working with Radio City 91.1, New Delhi. In the radio station, he was part of a campaign named City Ban Gaya Behtar and worked as a featured radio jockey for the morning show.
- In 2010, he worked as a morning show host at Fever FM, New Delhi. In January 2016, he started working as Radio Jockey at Red FM, Mumbai. Subsequently, in 2019, he worked with one of India’s largest radio networks, Big FM 92.7; on the radio channel, he hosted a self-titled show ‘Mumbai Ka Sabse Bada Struggler Abhilash (Radio Jockey).’
- According to sources, Abhilash Thapliyal is the first RJ in India to do live prank calls on Indian celebrities like Irrfan Khan.
- He has hosted various events like GiMA Red Carpet (2016), Ghanta Awards (2016), and India Film Project (2016). Abhilash has also hosted many international sports events like F1 (2013) and IPL (2013-15).
- In 2016, he made his television debut as a host with the MTV talk show He Thand Rakh. In 2018, he was part of the ensemble cast of the Colors TV comedy show Entertainment Ki Raat.
- Besides being a Radio Jockey, Abhilash Thapliyal is also interested in acting. In 2017, he made his acting debut with the TVF web series TVF Inmates, wherein he played the role of Suckesh.
- In 2017, Abhilash promoted a campaign to raise funds for Sudhir Chaudhary, an ardent follower of Sachin Tendulkar; the fund was raised to sponsor Sudhir’s travel tickets to the Champions Trophy 2017 held in England.
- In 2018, he made his film debut with the Hindi film Dil Juunglee in which he played the supporting role of Prashant.
- In 2021, he was featured in the TVF series TVF Aspirants, wherein he played the role of Shwetketu. Subsequently, in 2022, he worked in the ZEE5 horror film Blurr opposite Taapsee Pannu, wherein he played the role of Chander.
- In 2022, he appeared in the sony LIV series Faadu in which he played the role of a drunkard name Roxy. Abhilash, during an interview, talked about the role he played in the web series Faadu and explained how unrecognisable he was after he was transformed into the character of Roxy. He said
We wanted the shabbiness to come out and I think Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari ma’am, because she saw the character was able to crack. A very interesting thing happened the very first day that I was dressed as Roxy and I was stopped at the shoot, the production guys and the crew stopped me. They thought that some drunkard had entered the set. That was the very first day I realised that we have cracked Roxy. If people who you are working with can’t recognise you, then it is a big victory for an actor.” Outlook
- In 2023, he played a self-titled role in the TVF web series SK Sir Ki Class.
- In an interview, Abhilash Thapliyal talked about his bucket list and said he had two things on his bucket list. The first thing on his bucket list was he wanted Amitabh Bachchan to ask a question related to him on his popular game show Kaun Banega Crorepati (2000) and the second was he wanted to perform as a comedian at The Kapil Sharma Show (2016). Explaining his bucket list, Abhilash said,
I had two things on my bucket list. Ek, Kaun Banega Crorepati mein Amitabh Bachchan mere bare mein ek question puche and dusra tha, Kapil Sharma ka show mein jana. Last year, Amitabh Bachchan ne question puch liya tha Aspirants ke character ke upar. Mujhe as a performer, Kapil Sharma mein jana tha and I went there last week as a guest.”
- Abhilash has been the mascot for the Get Healthy Campaign for Nestle and the Corporate Cup of Delhi Daredevils (IPL). In 2014, he was the face of the Hindustan Times’s ‘Campus ka Mahayudh.’
- Abhilash has worked as a voice-over artist for various entertainment channels like Nat Geo, Bindass, Fox History, Hungama, and Cartoon Network.
- Abhilash is a teetotaler; however, in an interview, he revealed that once he consumed alcohol as an experiment for playing a drunkard role in the Sony LIV series Faadu (2022). Further, Abhilash said he took three shots of tequila while partying with his friends. OTTplay
- According to an Instagram post shared by Abhilash Thapliyal, he doesn’t like to smoke.