|Full Name||Abi Mehdhi Hassan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.7 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film (as a child actor): Sun Sun Thatha (2012) as 'Abi'
Film (as an adult): Kadaram Kondan (2019) as 'Vasu Rajagopalan'
|Date of Birth||4 September 1997 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||22 Years|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|College/University||Blue Ocean Film and Television Academy (BOFTA)|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in Acting|
|Political Inclination||Makkal Needhi Maiam|
|Hobbies||Doing Photography, travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Nassar (actor)
Mother- Kameela Nassar (producer turned politician)
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Noorul Hassan Faizal and Luthfudeen (actor)
|Favourite Actor||Vikram, Kamal Haasan, Vijay|
|Favourite Actress||Anushka Shetty|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abi Hassan
- Does Abi Hassan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Abi Hassan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Abi Hassan was born and brought up in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Abi studied only till class 10 and quit his studies to become an actor; as he had decided to become an actor and thought that academics was a waste of time for him.
- His father was the Head of the Department of Acting at BOFTA, from where he pursued his Diploma in Acting.
- After taking his diploma from Blue Ocean Film and Television Academy (BOFTA), Abi assisted the director Atlee Kumar for the film “Mersal (2017).” Recollecting his experience as an assistant director, he says-
I only had an actor’s perspective of what films were until Mersal happened. But when you’re an assistant director on a salary of ₹10,000 per month, and when, sometimes you may not get the daily allowances after a hard day’s work… (sighs)… that’s when you realise how hard people have it in the film industry. I learnt those things.”
- After working as an assistant director, Abi was sitting idle for months at his house until he got the call for the role of ‘Vasu Rajagopalan’ for the film “Kadaram Kondan (2019).”
- Since his childhood, he has been a huge fan of Vikram and wanted to become like him. Talking about Vikram, he said-
He is so versatile and he goes great lengths to transform himself into the character he plays.”
- Unlike other star kids, he did not take up his father’s name. Citing the reason for it, he says-
I am not the one who likes doing that. I am proud to be one of the sons of a versatile actor called Nassar. But I don’t think I should be taking advantage of his name. I want to make it big myself and make my father proud. Many people don’t know that I am his son and that is an advantage for me. Whenever I used to watch his films in the theatres, at the end of the film, I listen to many of the audience who say ‘Nassar has done really well’. That’s enough for me. I want him to experience the same feeling if possible.”