Wife: Roya Faryabi
Age: 50 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Adnan Sami
- Does Adnan Sami smoke: Not Known
- Does Adnan Sami drink alcohol: No
- Sami began his career with English songs in 1986. His first song “Run for his life’ was a hit in the Middle East and went right at the top spot in its first week on music charts of the region.
- In 2001, Sami married Sabah Galadari, a Dubai-based Arab girl. It was his second marriage and lasted just a year and a half. He again married the same lady in 2008. The couple, however, ended up with yet another divorce after a year.
- Sami weighed 230 kgs in 2006. The situation was so adverse that his knees had developed lymphedema for which he underwent surgery and was bedridden for nearly 3 months. It was then that his doctor said that he would not survive more than 6 months if he did not get his weight and fat cut short. Upon the force of his father, he moved to Houston to get his weight reduced. He was such heavy that a walker helped him support his body. He could just walk a couple of steps without taking any rest. Low carbohydrate, protein rich diet along with regular workout helped him get rid of his weight naturally. The dedicated journey of Sami from more than 200 kgs to just 70 kgs took nearly a year and a half.
- He moved to India in March 2001 on a visitor’s visa which was extended time after time.
- In order to celebrate their 70 years of broadcasting, BBC World Services, in December 2002, organized a worldwide live concert where artist from around the world performed in front of a global audience via satellite. Sami was named to represent India. TRP feedback later stated that the maximum global response was given to Sami’s performance.
- In 2003, he became the only musician from Asian region to have sold out Wembley Stadium in London for two consecutive nights. This earned him a place in the Limca Book of World Records. He went on to repeat the achievement in 2005, 2008 and 2012.
- In 2008, he hosted ‘Bol Baby Bol’, an Indian version of an American music game show ‘Don’t forget the lyrics.’
- He was conferred the distinguished ‘Glory of India Award’ in 2011, just a year after being bestowed with the prestigious “Lifetime Achievement Award” from the Prime Minister of Pakistan in 2010.
- Sami is quite a versatile musician because of his ability to play 35 different instruments.
- He was honored with the ‘BrandLaureate International Brand Personality Award’ by the president of BrandLaureate in Kaula Lampur, Malaysia in 2013.
- After living in India for nearly 15 years, he applied for the Indian citizenship in May 2015. His Pakistani Passport also expired at that time and Pakistan Government did not renew it.
- In December 2015, after getting his application signed by a number of officials, he was granted the Indian citizenship by Home Ministry of India which came into effect from January 2016.
- Sami became first South Asian to have sold out London’s iconic Wembley Stadium for a record 8 time after performing there in April 2017.