|Real Name||Vishal Veeru Devgan|
|Nickname||Ajay, Raju and J|
|Profession||Actor, Director and Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 43 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Date of Birth||2 April 1969|
|Age (as in 2017)||48 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Silver Beach High School, Mumbai
|College||Mithibai College, Mumbai
|Debut||Film Debut: Phool Aur Kaante (1991)
TV Debut: Rock-N-Roll Family (2008, as a judge)
|Family||Father- Veeru Devgan (Stunt Director)
Mother- Veena Devgan
Cousin Brother- Anil Devgan (Director)
|Address||5/6, Sheetal Apartments, Ground Floor, Opposite Chandan Cinema, Juhu, Mumbai
45/D Malgari Road, Mumbai
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes: Cars and shoes
|Controversies||• In the 90s, there were stories about the fight between Raveena Tandon and Karisma Kapoor over him, as he was dating Raveena before Karisma. Following the break-up, Raveena revealed the stories of Ajay's betrayal. On the other hand, Ajay clarified by saying that, "Tell that girl that she should go ahead and publish those letters, even I want to read the figment of her imagination! Our families have known each other for years; she used to come over to our place because she’s a friend of my sister Neelam. When she started behaving badly, we couldn’t throw her out, could we? I was never close to her. Ask her, if I’ve ever called her up or talked to her on my own. She’s just trying to get publicity by linking her name with mine."
• In 2009, Karan Ramsay (Producer) filed a copyright infringement case against him over the script of the film All The Best. After the legal battle, the case went in favour of Ramsay, but Ajay's production house claimed that their film was an official remake of an English comedy play, Right Bed Wrong Husband.
• After the trailer release of his film Son of Sardaar, the Human Rights activist Navkiran Singh filed a case against him, and asked him to cut off the derogatory scenes and remarks that wrongly depicted the Sikhs. Following the heat, Ajay did the changes suggested by them.
• Before the Diwali release of his film Son of Sardaarand Yash Chopra's Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Ajay filed a legal complaint against Yashraj Films claiming that they had manipulated distributors and exhibitors in getting more screens for their film.
• After the trailer release of Karan Johar's Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Ajay Devgan's Shivaay, KRK gave a biased reviews in favor of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. Following it, Ajay claimed that Karan Johar paid KRK for the trailer reviews.
|Favourite Food||Bang Bang Chicken, Fish Curry and Rice|
|Favourite Actor||Al Pacino and Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood: Guide
Hollywood: The Others and The Sixth Sense
|Favourite Musician||Kenny Rogers
|Favourite Pet Animal||Dog (English Mastiff)|
|Favourite Restaurant||Mainland China in Mumbai|
|Favourite Destination||London, San Francisco and Goa|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Raveena Tandon (Actress)
Karisma Kapoor (Actress)
|Wife/Spouse||Kajol, Actress (1999-present)
|Marriage Date||24 February 1999|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Z Class, Range Rover, Ferrari, Maserati, BMW Z4, Toyota Celica
|Salary||25 Crore/film (INR)
|Net Worth||$35 million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ajay Devgan
- Does Ajay Devgan smoke?: Yes
- Does Ajay Devgan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ajay was born to a Punjabi family with roots in Amritsar.
- He stared driving at the age of 9, as his father was a stunt director who allowed him to drive on the sets.
- His debut film Phool Aur Kaante (1991) was a blockbuster, for which he received a Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.
- His two motorcycles balancing stunt became so much popular after Phool Aur Kaante, that he later used in many of his films.
- He was the first choice for Salman Khan‘s role in the film Karan Arjun (1995), but due to some reasons he wasn’t able to do this film.
- He also missed the opportunity to play Shah Rukh Khan‘s role in the film Darr (1993).
- He met his wife Kajol for the first time on the sets of the film Gundaraj (1995) in Mahabaleshwar (Maharashtra). Kajol didn’t like him initially, but after 15 days of the shoot, both fell in love with each other.
- In 2000, he started his production house called, Ajay Devgn Films Productions, under which his first film was Raju Chacha.
- In 2004, Sanjay Leela Bhansali offered him the lead role in Bajirao Mastani, but at time the project wasn’t finalized.
- For his solid acting, he has won 2 National Film Awards: Zakhm (1998) and The Legend of Bhagat Singh (2002).
- His first film as a director was U Me Aur Hum (2008), which didn’t click at the box office.
In 2009, he changed the spelling of his surname from Devgan to Devgn, on family and numerological advice.
- He is a supporter of Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP), and is also their star campaigner.
- He lost 17 kgs to perform action sequences in the film Action Jackson (2014), particularly the sword-fighting sequences.
- He loves collecting shoes and sunglasses, has 300+ shoes and 200+ sunglasses/glares.
- According to some reports, he hasn’t seen his wife Kajol’s biggest hit Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge yet.
- Though, he looks a bit serious and introvert as a person, in reality he is a prankster.