Abhishek Bachchan Height, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Education: College Drop-out
Height: 6’ 2”
Age: 47 Years
|Nickname(s)||Junior Bachchan, Junior B, Abhi, AB Baby|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Film Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in feet inches- 6’ 2”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Refugee (2000)
Film (Producer): Paa (2009)
TV: National Bingo Night (2010, as a Host)
|Awards/Honours||National Film Awards
2010: For Best Feature Film in Hindi (as a producer) for Paa
2004: Best Supporting Actor Award for Yuva
2005: Best Supporting Actor Award for Sarkar
2006: Best Supporting Actor for Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
2006: Yash Bharati Samman, UP state's highest award from the Government of Uttar Pradesh
|Date of Birth||5 February 1976 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School(s)||• Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai
• Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
• Modern School, Vasant Vihar, Delhi
|College/University||• Aiglon College, Switzerland
• Boston University, USA (Dropout)
|Educational Qualification||Attended a Business course at the Boston University (dropout)|
|Address||Jalsa, B/2, Kapol Housing Society, VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai
A Villa in Sanctuary Falls in Jumeirah Golf Estates, Dubai
|Hobbies||Watching Films, Driving, Sketching, Cooking|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes: Collecting Boarding Cards (every time he travels by air)
|Controversies||• Just after his marriage, a background dancer and model, Jhanvi Kapoor tried to attempt suicide outside his house "Prateeksha," by cutting her wrist. She said, she was in a relationship with Abhishek since the shooting of his film Dus (2005), and she is also the mother of his child. However, later her claims were rejected and she was considered a fraud.
• His honeymoon trip with his wife, Aishwarya Rai, in Florence annoyed a lot of people including Mani Ratnam, director of Guru, who was miffed with Abhishek for missing the promotional campaign, and Rani Mukherji because it delayed the shooting of her film Laaga Chunari Mein Daag.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Karisma Kapoor (Actress)
Rani Mukherji (Actress)
Dipannita Sharma (Model and Actress)
Aishwarya Rai (Actress)
|Marriage Date||April 20, 2007|
|Wife/Spouse||Aishwarya Rai, Actress (2007-present)
Daughter- Aaradhya (born in 2011)
|Parents||Father- Amitabh Bachchan (Actor)
Mother- Jaya Bachchan (Actress & Politician)
Sister- Shweta Bachchan Nanda
|Food||Rajma Chawal, Spicy Chicken, Biscuits, M&M’s (chocolate), Banana Chips|
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Manoj Bajpai, Sanjay Dutt|
|Actresses||Zeenat Aman and Kareena Kapoor|
|Musician(s)||Sonu Nigam, David Guetta, Swedish House Mafia and Tiesto|
|TV Show(s)||Modern Family, Game of Thrones|
|Song||Tere Bina from the film Guru|
|Perfume||Creed Royal Water|
|Fashion Designer(s)||Tom Ford, Giorgio Armani|
|Restaurant(s)||Chez Francis in Switzerland and Kai in London|
|Shoe Companies||Ferragamo, Cesare Pacciotti, Alberto Guardiano|
|Cars Collection||• Bentley Continental GT,
• Rolls Royce,
• Audi A8L
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 10-12 Crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$30 Million (₹200 Crore)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abhishek Bachchan
- Does Abhishek Bachchan Smoke?: No
- Does Abhishek Bachchan Drink?: Yes
- Abhishek suffered from Dyslexia, a learning disability when he was a child.
- His father Amitabh Bachchan’s famous dance moves in the song “Khaike Paan Banaras Wala” from the film Don (1978) were inspired by Abhishek’s dance moves, which he used to make as a kid.
- He started his career as an LIC agent, but later he joined his father’s company, ABCL.
- In-between his unsuccessful debut film, Refugee (2000) and first hit film Dhoom (2004), he gave 17 flops in a row.
- He was also approached for Bhuvan’s role in Lagaan (2001) by Ashutosh Gowariker. However, it finally went to Aamir Khan.
- On the occasion of Amitabh Bachchan’s 60th birthday, he got engaged to Karisma Kapoor. But they split 3 months later, due to family issues.
- In 2006, he was named the ‘Sexiest Man in Asia’ by UK’s Eastern Eye magazine.
- During an interview, Abhishek told that he proposed to Aishwarya in a balcony of a hotel in New York.
- It was Abhishek, who gave the nickname ‘Piggy Chops’ to Priyanka Chopra during the filming of Bluffmaster.
- He loves singing and has lent his voice in films such as Bluffmaster, Dhoom, Players, Bol Bachchan, etc.
- He lost 18 kgs of weight for his role in Mani Ratnam’s Raavan.
- He manages his father’s company, ABCL, which is now known as AB Corp. Ltd.
- He not only acted in but also produced the film, Paa (2009), which won National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi.
- In 2009, he appeared in the famous “The Oprah Winfrey” Show, along with his wife.
- His life has been documented in a book titled “Abhishek Bachchan: Style And Substance.”
- He is also the co-owner of Pro Kabaddi League franchise team, “Jaipur Pink Panthers,” and Indian Super League football team, “Chennaiyin FC.”
- He is addicted to coffee, especially Cappuccino.
- In November 2018, he revealed that in 8 out of 9 films with Aishwarya, she got paid more than him. Pinkvilla
- On 11 July 2020, he was tested positive for COVID-19 along with his father, Amitabh Bachchan, and both had been admitted to Nanavati hospital in Mumbai. The actor shared the news on his Twitter handle.
Earlier today both my father and I tested positive for COVID 19. Both of us having mild symptoms have been admitted to hospital. We have informed all the required authorities and our family and staff are all being tested. I request all to stay calm and not panic. Thank you. 🙏🏽
— Abhishek Bachchan (@juniorbachchan) July 11, 2020