|Profession(s)||Politician and Social Worker|
|Famous for||Showing the black flag to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in June 2017 and getting a ticket from the Samajwadi Party to contest the 2022 Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly election|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Party||Samajwadi Party (SP) (January 2022-present)
|Date of Birth||• Source 1: Year, 1993 Jansatta
• Source 2: Year, 1996 NDTV
|Age (as of 2021)||• Source 1: 28 Years Jansatta
• Source 2: 25 Years NDTV
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Lucknow University, Lucknow YouTube|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate YouTube|
|Caste||Brahmin Daily India|
|Controversies Zee News||• Arrested for showing the black flag to UP CM Yogi Adityanath: In June 2017, Uttar Pradesh police arrested Pooja and ten others for showing the black flag to stop the motorcade of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath at Lucknow University; she was sent to jail, where she spent one month. NDTV
• Arrested during the anti-CAA protests: In 2020, she was again arrested by Uttar Pradesh police when she was protesting at Lucknow's Bell Tower against the CAA and NRC bills. India Today
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Rakesh Shukla (property dealer)
Mother- Name Not Known (homemaker)
|Siblings||She has a younger sister.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pooja Shukla
- Pooja Shukla is an Indian politician and social worker. She joined the Samajwadi Party on 2 February 2022 in the presence of Akhilesh Yadav ahead of the 2022 Uttar Pradesh assembly election.
- Pooja Shukla grew up in a middle-class Brahmin family in Lucknow.
- On 7 June 2017, she made headlines for the first time when she, along with ten others, waved the black flag at the motorcade of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath when he was on his way to Lucknow University, where he had to take part in ‘Hindi Swaraj Diwas’ event. The next day, she was arrested and sent to jail, where she spent one month. After she was released from jail, she met Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and became the face of the Samajwadi Students Federation. Zee News
- On 25 July 2017, she created a self-titled YouTube channel on which she uploads videos related to various social issues.
- According to Pooja, after the black flag event, she was denied admission at Lucknow University, where she wanted to pursue her post-graduation. YouTube
- Pooja Shukla is often termed as the firebrand youth leader of the Samajwadi Party.
- She is known for her active participation in various protests against the policies of the BJP government, and in 2020, she was arrested from Bell Tower in Lucknow, where she was protesting against the CAA and NRC bills.
- In February 2022, SP chief Akhilesh Yadav picked Pooja Shukla as the candidate from Lucknow North for the Uttar Pradesh assembly election. Reportedly, Akhilesh was so impressed with Pooja that he even denied a ticket to his close aide Abhishek Mishra, who won the Lucknow North seat in the 2012 assembly election.
- After getting a ticket for the 2022 Uttar Pradesh Assembly election, Pooja was asked why she joined the Samajwadi Party, and she replied,
I was impressed by the political struggle of Mulayam Singh Yadav and policies of Akhilesh Yadav. Further, as a youngster who has been active in student politics, I find SP closer to democratic values, something which the BJP and its supporters are hell-bent on violating.”
- Reportedly, even before landing a ticket for the assembly election, Pooja had been actively campaigning in Lucknow North for the Samajwadi Party.
- While campaigning for her candidature in the 2022 Uttar Pradesh Assembly election, Pooja Shukla said that she joined politics to fight for the rights of the students and youngsters. She said,
I believe that young people, especially the students, are kept away from politics in the name of education. This must be changed. Only a politically aware student can choose a better leader. This is how young people can change the politics of the country and take it towards development.”