Some Lesser Known Facts About Alok Verma
- Alok was born in New Delhi and completed his education from Delhi as well.
- When Alok was inducted into the Indian Police Service in 1979, he was just 22-years-old and was also the youngest IPS Officer of the batch.
- From 2011 to 2012, he served as the Special Commissioner of the Delhi Police; especially, in the vigilance wing. He went on to serve as the Delhi Police Commissioner in 2017.
- He also started the system for online police applications to obtain various types of licenses issued by Delhi Police.
- In September 2016, he launched all-women PCR vans comprising of 3 woman personnel in Delhi.
- In December 2016, he nominated 26,000 police officers for promotion. The Union Government accepted his recommendations after he insisted.
- On 1 February 2017, he joined the office as the Director, Central Bureau of Investigation.
- In October 2018, the government ordered his removal from the position of CBI Director. The decision was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, and CBI Joint Director M Nageshwar Rao was appointed as the interim chief of the agency. After the decision from the government, Alok filed a case in the Supreme Court against his removal.
- His wife was the President of Police Families Welfare Society and was an active participant in social welfare activities.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography