|Full Name||Amala Paul Varghese|
|Famous Role||"Mynaa" in Tamil film 'Mynaa' (2010)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 50 kg
in Pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-35|
|Date of Birth||26 October 1991|
|Age (as of 2021)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Ernakulam, Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|School||Nirmala Higher Seconday School Aluva, Kerala|
|College||St. Teresa's College, Kochi, Kerala|
|Education Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Communicative English|
|Debut||Film: Neelathamara (Malayalam, 2009)
Veerasekaran (Tamil, 2010)
Bejawada (Telugu, 2011)
|Family||Father- Paul Varghese
Mother- Annice Paul (Singer)
Brother- Abijith Paul (Actor)
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading, Cooking|
|Controversies||• On 15 January 2017, she surrendered before the Crime Branch (CB) after the agency had charged in November 2017 last for using fake documents to fraudulently register her S class Mercedes Benz worth INR 1.12 crore in August 2017. The tax she was supposed to pay was INR 20 lakh, but she showed it as her relative's car address given for the car is a person who claims to be her relative car to avoid the high tax on expensive vehicles in Kerala.
• She has been charged with cheating, forgery, and use of fake documents as genuine ones under section 420, 468 and 471 of the Indian Penal Code. The offenses come under non-bailable category and carry a punishment of up to seven years.
• In November 2020, she moved to Chennai High Court to take action against her ex-boyfriend Bhavninder Singh. According to Amala, Bhavninder had allegedly shared a few pictures of Amala on his social media accounts; claiming them to be the wedding picture of his with Amala; however, she denied the pictures to be of their wedding pictures and claimed that the photos were taken for professional work. She demanded a stay to publish her pictures with Bhavinder Singh and also filed a defamation case against Bhavninder. The Times of India
|Actors||Brad Pitt, Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Films||Bollywood: Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1983), Masoom (1983)
Hollywood: The Godfather (1972)
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||12 June 2014|
|Affair/Boyfriend||• A. L. Vijay (Film Director)
• Bhavinder Singh (singer)
|Husband||A. L. Vijay (Film Director, 2014-2016)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amala Paul
- Amala was born into a Syro-Malabar Catholic family.
- She started her acting career in 2009 by playing the role of Beena in the Malayalam film Neelathamara.
- She has worked in different languages such as Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada.
- She replaced her on-screen name Amala Paul to Anakha on the suggestion given by director Samy, because another actress, Amala (Amala Akkineni), had already made her name popular.
- In 2010, she again changed her on-screen name Anakha to real name Amala Paul as she felt that the replacement had brought her bad luck.
- She rose to fame for the portrayal of a controversial character “Sundari” in the Tamil erotic thriller ‘Sindhu Samaveli’ (2010).
- In 2013, she won several awards for her performance in the Malayalam film Oru Indian Pranayakatha such as Vanitha Film Awards for Most Popular Actress, Asianet Award for Best Actress, SIIMA Award for Best Actress – Malayalam, and Amrita Film Awards for Best Actor (Female).
- On 28 December 2021, she took to social media to announce that she had received the prestigious Golden Visa offered by the UAE; this long-term residence visa is automatically renewed from five to ten years, and it is given to people who have achieved big in their respective fields.
They say go for Gold, and for gold I went! 😎
Received UAE's Golden visa today. Feeling absolutely fantastic. 😊
Thank you to everyone that made this happen. ❤️#grateful #blessed #dubai #dubailife #UAE #emiratesfirst #dubaigovernment #mydubai pic.twitter.com/WGYvMF2YgZ
— Amala Paul ⭐️ (@Amala_ams) December 28, 2021