|Real Name||Amar Singh|
|Famous For||Being a former leader of Samajwadi Party|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Political Parties||Samajwadi Party (1996-2010)
Rashtriya Lok Manch (2011-2012)
Rashtriya Lok Dal (2014)
Samajwadi Party (2016-Present)
|Political Journey||• In November 1996, he was elected to the Rajya Sabha for the first time.
• In 2002, he was re-elected to the Rajya Sabha. During this time, he was made the General Secretary of Samajwadi Party.
• In 2008, he was re-elected to the Rajya Sabha.
• On 6 January 2010, he resigned from all posts of Samajwadi Party.
• In 2011, he retired from the politics mentioning a statement, "I want to give more time to my wife and my family. Therefore, on 13 May, the last day of polling, I will retire from politics."
• For the 2012 UP Assembly Elections, he made his own party, Rashtriya Lok Manch, and fielded 360 out of 403 candidates. However, his party could not secure even a single seat.
• In March 2014, he joined Rashtriya Lok Dal and contested the Lok Sabha Election from Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh, but lost the election.
• In 2016, he rejoined Samajwadi Party and was elected to Rajya Sabha.
|Biggest Rival||Choudhary Babulal (BJP)
|Date of Birth||27 January 1956|
|Age (as in 2018)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Khatri Vidyalaya, Kolkata, India
St. Xavier's Collegiate School, Kolkata
|College/University||St. Xavier's College, Kolkata
University College of Law, The University of Calcutta
|Educational Qualification||B.A. and L.L.B|
|Address||A-309 Surya Nagar Block-A, Ghaziabad-201001, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hobbies||Watching Football and Cricket, Travelling, Listening to Music, Watching Movies|
|Controversies||• In 2006, His phone call to Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu created a huge controversy. But later, this phone tapping was declared illegal by the court and a man called Anurag Singh was arrested for his misdeed.
• On 22 July 2008, he made an allegation on the then Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati for kidnapping six MPs of his Samajwadi party from Uttar Pradesh and holding them captive in Uttar Pradesh Bhavan, New Delhi.
• In the Jamia Nagar Batla house encounter case, firstly, he met the family of a police officer, Mohan Chand Sharma, who died in encounter and gave ₹10 lakh cheque to the family. Later, he said that encounter might have been fake. The family of the Police Officer criticised him a lot and returned his cheque.
• On 24 August 2011, he was charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act by Delhi Police for offering bribes to three MPs of BJP in 2008.
• The book Clinton Cash (written by Peter Schweizer) called his $5 million donation in 2008 to Clinton Foundation into question.
• In 2013, he was arrested and sent to Tihar Jail for his involvement in Cash for Vote scam.
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Pankaja Kumari Singh
Daughters- Drishti Singh, Disha Singh
|Parents||Father- Shri Harish Chandra Singh (Hardware Businessman)
Mother- Shrimati Shail Kumari Singh
|Siblings||Brother- Arvind Singh (Congress Politician)
|Favourite Politician||Mulayam Singh Yadav|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Assets/Properties||Jewellery worth more than ₹7 Crore and Immovable assets (e.g. Land, Buildings) worth more than ₹51 Crore|
|Salary (approx.)||₹1.40 Lakh/Month|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹131 Crore (As in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amar Singh
- Does Amar Singh smoke?: Not Known
- Does Amar Singh drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His parents were originally from Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- He came into politics in 1985 for the first time when he was assigned to look after then UP chief minister Vir Bahadur Singh.
- Mulayam Singh met Amar Singh for the first time at Vir Bahadur Singh’s resident in Lucknow and invited him to join Samajwadi Party. Soon, Amar Singh became the spokesperson of SP. Several other SP leaders became jealous of him.
- Amar Singh has been a crucial member of the Samajwadi Party.
- He played a key role in saving UPA government in 1996 when Communist Party of India withdrew their support over the proposed Nuclear Accord with the United States. At that time, with the help of him, Samajwadi Party supported the UPA government with its 39 MPs.
- He played a minor role in the movie Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai and also played the role of a politician in director Shailendra Pandey’s 2017 Film JD.
- In 2006, His phone call to Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu created a huge controversy. He filed a complaint in the Supreme Court and got restraining orders against its publication in the media.
- Amar Singh and Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan were very close friends. After some controversial moments, they ended their relationship.
- On 19 February 2013, he was admitted to a hospital in Singapore due to his kidney failure.
- Amar Singh and veteran actress Jaya Prada are also good friends. They often go to each other’s home at family events.
- Amar Singh’s wife, Pankaja Kumari Singh has property worth more than ₹100 Crore.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography