|Real Name||Lalita Rani|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in feet inches- 5’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||Telugu Desam Party (1994-2004)
Samajwadi Party (2004-2010)
Rashtriya Lok Manch (2011-2014)
Rashtriya Lok Dal (2014-present)
|Political Journey||1994: Joined the Telugu Desam Party (TDP).
1996: Nominated to the Rajya Sabha representing Andhra Pradesh.
2004: Left the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and joined the Samajwadi Party. Also, elected to the Lok Sabha from Rampur Parliamentary Constituency with a margin of more than 85000 votes.
2010: On 2 February, she was expelled from the Samajwadi Party for allegedly indulging in anti-party activities.
2011: Jaya Prada, along with Amar Singh, floated her own political party, Rashtriya Lok Manch.
2014: On 10 March, joined the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD). Also, contested the Lok Sabha election from the Bijnor seat, but lost.
|Date of Birth||3 April 1962|
|Age (as in 2018)||56 Years|
|Birthplace||Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|School||Telugu Middle School in Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||12th Standard
B.com (dropped out in first year) from Rajlakshmi Women College, Rajahmundry
|Debut||Telugu Film: Bhoomi Kosam (1974)
Kannada Film: Sanaadi Appanna (1977)
Hindi Film: Sargam (1979)
Tamil Film: Ninaithale Inikkum (1979)
Malayalam Film: Iniyum Katha Thudarum (1985)
Bengali Film: Aami Sei Meye (1998)
Marathi Film: Aadhar (2000)
Multilingual Film (Hindi, English, Chinese): The Desire (2010)
TV: Jayapradam (A Telugu Talk Show)
|Address||H.No. 46 District A.V.K., Near Saint Merry School Rahe Raja, Rampur, Tehsil Sadar, District Rampur (U.P.)|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Listening to Music|
|Controversies||• In 1986, Jaya married producer Srikanth Nahata, who was already married and had 3 children. Srikanth did not divorce his first wife and had three children from her after marrying Jaya.
• In 2009, she was issued a notice from the election commission for distributing bindis among the women of Rampur's Swar locality.
• On 11 May 2009, she alleged that Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan was involved in the distribution of her nude pictures.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Shrikant Nahata (Film Producer)|
|Husband/Spouse||Shrikant Nahata (Film Producer)
|Children||Son- Siddhu (step-son)
Daughter- Not Known
Note: She has two more step-children
|Parents||Father- Krishna Rao (Telugu Film Financier)
Mother- Neelaveni (Home-maker)
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood- 3 Idiots (2009)
Hollywood- Pulp Fiction (1994)
|Favourite Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar|
|Favourite TV Show(s)||Indian: Kaun Banega Crorepati
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz (DL 3CY-3355), Ford Ikon (TN-09-0990), Xylo Mahindra (DL-12 CA-144), Outlander (HR-30 J-4545), Ford Endeavor (TN-09 AT-4455)|
|Assets/Properties||Jewellery: Worth ₹56 Lakh|
|Net Worth (Approx)||₹22 Crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jaya Prada
- Does Jaya Prada smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jaya Prada drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Jaya Prada is a veteran Indian film actress and politician.
- At the age of 14, a Telugu film director offered her a three-minute dance number in a film titled “Bhoomi Kosam;” after seeing her marvellous performance. She was paid only ₹10 for her performance in the film.
- She started her acting career in the South Indian films.
- By the 1976, at the age of 17, Jaya Prada became a huge star of the South Indian films.
- The same year, she was introduced to the Kannada Cinema by the filmmaker Vijay in the super-hit film “Sanadi Appanna.” The film is also known to be the only film to feature shehnai rendition by Ustad Bismillah Khan.
- It was K. Viswanath who introduced Jaya Prada to Bollywood by casting her in the 1979 Hindi film “Sargam.” She also earned her first Filmfare nomination for the film.
- Initially, she had difficulty in speaking Hindi, and to brush-up the language, she started taking Hindi lessons.
- In 1982, director K. Vishwanath relaunched her in the Hindi films with “Kaamchor,” where she fluently spoke Hindi for the first time.
- In 1994, one of the film co-stars and a good friend N .T. Rama Rao suggested her to enter the politics, and she joined the Telugu Desam Party (TDP). Although she was offered a seat, she was reluctant to contest the elections at that time.
- When N. T. Rama Rao became the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, she campaigned for him in several constituencies.
- When Rao’s health deteriorated, TDP was bifurcated into two factions, one of those was led by Chandrababu Naidu. Jaya Prada too joined the Chandrababu Naidu faction of the party.
- She also held the position of the Mahila President of Telugu Desam Party.
- However, in 2010, she, along with Amar Singh, was expelled from the party.
- In 2011, after separating from the Samajwadi Party, she along with Amar Singh, formed her own party- Rashtriya Lok Manch and contested in 360 of the 403 assembly seats in the 2012 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections. However, the party could not win even a single seat.
- Jaya Prada and Sridevi were considered arch-rivals during their time.
- The famous Indian filmmaker Satyajit Ray described Jaya Prada as one of the prettiest women in the world.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)