|Full name||Akhil Pasreja Spotboye|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Music Performer, and Songwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Debut||YouTube Video (Punjabi; As a Singer): “Pee Lain De” (2012)
Single (Punjabi; As a Singer): “Muradaan” (2014) under the music label HSR Entertainment (formerly Yellow Music)
Film (Punjabi; As a Singer): “Saari Saari Raat" from ‘Vaapsi’ (2016)
Film (Hindi; As a Singer): “Duniyaa” from ‘Luka Chuppi’ (2019)
|Awards||• 2016: TIIFA Award for the song “Khaab”
• 2017: “Best Breakthrough Act” at the Brit Asia TV Music Awards
|Date of Birth||2 October 1990 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Nurmahal, Jalandhar, Punjab|
|Hometown||Nurmahal, Jalandhar, Punjab|
|School||Doaba Arya Senior Secondary School, Nurmahal, Punjab|
|College/University||Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• BSc (Non-medical) from Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar
• Graduation in Music YouTube- Pitaara TV YouTube- Pitaara TV
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian YouTube- Pitaara TV|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Name Not Known (Chartered Accountant)
|Music||Romantic and Sad|
|Singer(s)||Sonu Nigam, Udit Narayan, Arijit Singh, Manmohan Waris, Babbu Maan, Harbhajan Maan, Gurdas Maan|
|Travel Destination||New Zealand|
|Food||Chhole Bhature, Chicken Wings|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Akhil
- Akhil is an Indian singer, music performer, and songwriter. He mainly works in Punjabi music videos and Punjabi films.
- He developed an interest in music after listening to the songs of the famous Punjabi singer Manmohan Waris.
- Akhil, along with his childhood friend Bob, started making music while they were in college. Akhil then lent his voice to the Punjabi songs “Supne” (2014) and “Makhual” (2015) which failed to do well. In an interview, he shared that the song “Makhaul” was based on his real-life story. YouTube- Speed Punjabi
- After facing failure at the initial stage of his career, he decided to shift to Canada. He even applied for a visa to Canada thrice, but his applications got rejected.
- With the release of his Punjabi song “Khaab” (2016), he came into the limelight. He then sang many popular Punjabi songs like “Rukh” (2017), “Teri Khamiyaan” (2018), “Kalla Sohna Nai” (2019), “Bachalo” (2020), and “Paagla” (2021).
- Akhil has also lent his voice to the songs in the Punjabi films including “Takdi Ravan” from ‘Jindua’ (2017) and “Ishqaa” from the film ‘Ishqaa’ (2018).
- He has collaborated with many popular Indian music labels such as T-Series, Desi Music Factory, Speed Records, and Crown Records.
- Akhil has been invited to perform at various stage shows and live concerts.
- He can play various musical instruments like guitar and musical keyboard.
- During an interview, he was asked about favouritism and groupism in the Indian music industry. Hindustan Times He said,
Har jagah toh groupism chal raha hai. Composers, directors or producers often make five singers sing one song and then choose their favourite. Aapki awaaz achha ho ya nahi, promote aise karenge ki woh hit ho jayega. Some labels are practising favouritism due to which many musicians don’t get a chance or they lose out on opportunities. I also want to work in Bollywood, but not like this.”
- Akhil can mimic the singing style of a few Punjabi singers.
- He supported the Indian farmers’ protest which was started in 2020.
View this post on Instagram