|Profession||Celebrity hair stylist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 28 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Date of Birth||26 October 1991 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||31 Years|
|School||St. Xavier’s High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||• R. D. National & W. A. Science College, Mumbai (B.Sc)
• L’Oreal Professionnel India (Professional training in hairstyling)
|Educational Qualification||B.Sc in Communication & Mass Media|
|Hair Studio Address||Manemaniac Hair Studio, 4/43 Rafi Mansion 28th Road, Gurunanak Park, near Starbucks, Bandra West, W, Maharashtra 400052|
|Hobbies||Painting, sketching, singing|
|Controversy||In 2017, Amit Thakur's name was mentioned during Deepika Padukone's leaked drug chat with her manager Karishma Prakash. The typed conversation under the NCB scanner mentioned the name 'Amit.'
Later, the reporters of Republic TV tracked Amit. A reporter posted a video on YouTube in which she contacted Amit Thakur and asked him to confirm his identity. YouTube - Republic World In the beginning, he affirmed it was him but after the reporter asked him if he was involved in with Deepika Padukone’s drug case, he denied being a part of the conversation and said,
"It is a wrong number, I don’t know which Amit you are talking about. You are talking to the wrong person."
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name not known
Mother- Rani Thakur
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amit Thakur
- Amit Thakur is an Indian hairstylist, who is popularly known for styling A-list Bollywood celebrities including Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt, Katrina Kaif, and Jhanvi Kapoor.
- When Amit was young, he used to spend a lot of time at her cousin’s salon. He was 20 years old when he got the inspiration to become a hairstylist.
- Amit Thakur’s first breakthrough was when he styled Bollywood actor Huma Qureshi’s hair for public events.
- At the age of 21, he showcased his styling skills at a fashion week. Later, he became one of the renowned Bollywood hair stylists and worked on celebrities for their performances, award shows, and brand endorsements.
- Amit and his work have been featured in many popular magazines including Elle, Vogue India, Elle, Femina, and Grazia India.
- Apart from styling celebrities for public events, Amit has also styled various actors for their weddings. On 9 June 2022, he styled actress Nayanthara‘s hair for her wedding.
- In an interview, while talking about who had been the easiest celebrity to work with, Amit said,
I would say Deepika [Padukone], because the one thing I like about her is that she trusts the artists and their creative process entirely. She gives them the liberty to do what they want. I think every artist deserves this freedom.”
- In an interview, while talking about styling Katrina Kaif for her wedding functions, Amit revealed that along with the makeup artists and stylists, he and Katrina got together to discuss her looks for each event prior to the wedding, and also said,
She [Katrina Kaif] was entirely involved in conceptualising her looks. We also created a wedding document where all the looks were there, and that included a thorough breakdown of each. On the day of the function, we just referred to the document and we knew exactly what we had to do. This made the process seamless.”
- Amit styled Katrina Kaif for the promotions of Hindi films Bharat (2019) and Sooryavanshi (2021), and also fashioned Deepika Padukone‘s looks for the film Padmavat (2018).
- In an interview, Amit revealed that he had a good bond with Katrina Kaif, and she fondly called him Bhaiya.
- Apart from this, Amit is the founder of Mane Masters Hair Academy where he and his team provide training to aspiring hair artists.
- He has a salon named Manemaniac Hair Studio in Mumbai, which he co-founded with hairstylist Amit Yashwant. Celebrities including Tiger Shroff and Yo Yo Honey Singh have visited this hair studio many times.
- Amit Thakur is often seen vaping in public places.
- Amit is a fitness enthusiast and often shares his fitness regimen on social media.
- Amit Thakur likes to swim in lakes.
- Amit consumes alcoholic beverages on several occasions.