|Full Name||Huma Saleem Qureshi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height IMDB||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5′ 4¾”
|Debut||TV: Upanishad Ganga (2012) as Pundalik’s wife Nati Hussaini
Film, Hindi: Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1 (2012)
Film, Malayalam: White (2016)
Film, Hollywood: Viceroy’s House (2017)
Film, Tamil: Kaala (2018)
Web-Series: Leila (2019)
|Date of Birth||28 July 1986 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||33 Years|
|College/University||Gargi College, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in History Honours India Today|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Fashion Lady|
|Hobbies||Playing Basketball, Reading Autobiographies, and Travelling|
|Controversies||• In 2014, she was in news for her link-up rumours with Anurag Kashyap. At that time, Anurag was married to Kalki Koechlin, and the couple was going through a rough phase in their married life. Reportedly, Huma was blamed for breaking their marriage. Hindustan Times
• In 2016, she was in a rumoured love affair with the actor Sohail Khan. As per the sources, Salman Khan was upset with Huma for creating differences in his brother's married life. DNA India
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Manoj Tanwar (2007)
• Ibrahim Ansari, Businessman from Nehru Place (2008)
• Arjan Bajwa, Actor (Rumoured, 2012) Free Press Journal
• Shahid Kapoor, Actor (Rumoured, 2013) Free Press Journal
• Anurag Kashyap, Director (Rumoured, 2014) Times of India
• Sohail Khan, Actor (Rumoured, 2016) Times of India
• Abhishek Chaubey, Director (Rumoured) Free Press Journal
• Mudassar Aziz, Director (2019- Present) Times of India
|Parents||Father- Saleem Qureshi (Restaurateur)
Mother- Ameena Qureshi
• Naeem Qureshi (Elder, Businessman)
• Haseen Qureshi (Elder, Businessman)
• Saqib Saleem (Younger, Actor)
|Food||Shaami Kebabs, Biryani, Sushi, Galauti, and Malai Tikkas|
|Actor(s)||Ranbir Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan, and Salman Khan|
|Film(s)||Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959), Om Shanti Om (2007), Titanic (1997), and Blue Valentine (2010)|
|Perfume||Daisy by Marc Jacobs|
|Car Collection||Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV
Some Lesser Known Facts About Huma Qureshi
- Her father owns a chain of restaurants in Delhi with the name ‘Saleem’s.’
- During her school days, she used to be like a geek. In an interview, she said,
I love books. In fact, I was a geek in college and school. I became an actor by mistake. Now I have become fashionable, but initially, I used to wear my dad’s shirts. In my home in Delhi, I still have more books than clothes.”
- While in college, she joined a theatre group ‘Act 1.’ Her mentor was the theatre director and acting teacher, N. K. Sharma. She considers him her lucky mascot and always takes his advice before signing a film.
- Initially, Huma’s parents were not happy about her career choice as an actor. In an interview, Huma revealed,
Dad felt that too much of studying had affected my mind. My parents suggested me to go abroad and do an MBA. But when I told dad that all my life I’d regret not being able to fulfil my dreams because of him, he became emotional. The very next day, he brought me to Mumbai. He said, ‘If nothing happens in a year, come back to a normal life.”
- She shared her struggle story in an interview, she said,
While my dad could afford to get me an independent house and a car, I did not want to ask him for too much money when I shifted to Mumbai. I stayed as a PG in Juhu with four other girls in a tiny place where each of us had a bed and a cabinet and we would have fights everyday on who would use the washroom first. I would eat from dabbas, travel in a rickshaw, sometimes even walk to save the money. I had decided to give myself one year before I returned.”
- In 2008, she moved to Mumbai from Delhi to audition for a film ‘Junction,’ but the film never released. Later, she signed a two-year contract with Hindustan Unilever to work in TV commercials.
- Her first TV commercial was with the actor Abhishek Bachchan for a cell phone, in which she played the character of a reporter.
- Later, she appeared in various TV commercials with Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan, but she came into the limelight with a mobile phone advertisement with Aamir Khan. This advertisement was directed by Anurag Kashyap, and while shooting for the advertisement, he told Huma that he would cast her in his next film.
- Anurag kept his promise and offered her a role in ‘Gangs of Wasseypur-Part 1.’
- Huma was supposed to debut with the Tamil film ‘Billa II: The Beginning’ in 2012, but the film got delayed.
- Later, Huma appeared in many Bollywood films like Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2 (2012), Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana (2012), Ek Thi Daayan (2013), D-Day (2014), and Jolly LLB 2 (2017).
- In 2014, she did a photo shoot for the ‘Be unstoppable’ campaign for body shaming.
- She was featured in a few music videos like ‘Mitti Di Khusboo’ (2014) and ‘Tumhe Dillagi’ (2016).
- She appeared in the TV shows like ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ (2013), ‘Baba Ki Chowki’ (2016), ‘Back Benchers’ (2019), and ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ (2016).
- In 2018, she judged the TV reality show ‘India’s Best Dramebaaz.’
- She walked the red carpet at the ‘Cannes Film Festival’ in 2018 and 2019.
- She acted in the American Netflix series ‘Army of the Dead’ in 2020.
- She has walked the ramp in many well-known fashion shows.
- She has featured on the cover of many popular magazines.
- She has won many awards for her acting skills in various films.
- She is good friends with the director and choreographer, Farah Khan.
- Reportedly, she was asked to change her name by a filmmaker; as her name is similar to a Pakistani actress.
- A restaurant named Vatika in Varanasi (UP) has a dish in their menu named ‘Huma Qureshi.’ Huma revealed in an interview an interesting story behind it, she said,
We were shooting Gangs Of Wasseypur in Varanasi. Vatika was the only restaurant serving vegetarian, Italian and continental cuisine. We used to go there for lunch and sometimes coffee. Everything there was cheese based, because of the Italian influence. So I would order a customised dish and instruct them how to cook it. Other guests at the restaurant, too began requesting for the same dish. So the owner named that particular dish after me.”