|Real Name||Amrita Singh Virk|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 71 kg
in Pounds- 157 lbs
|Date of Birth||9 February 1958|
|Age (as in 2020)||62 Years|
|Birth Place||Hadali, Khushab, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|School||Modern School, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Film: Betaab (1983)
|Family||Father- Shivinder Singh Virk (Army Personnel)
Mother- Rukshana Sultana (Political Activist)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Religion||Converted to Islam before marrying Saif Ali Khan|
|Address||Belscot Bungalows 5, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400053|
|Hobbies||Listening to Ghazals|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sunny Deol, Actor
Ravi Shastri, Former Cricketer
Vinod Khanna, Actor
|Ex-Fiance||Ravi Shastri Times Now News|
|Husband/Spouse||Saif Ali Khan, Actor (m.1991-2003)|
|Children||Son- Ibrahim Ali Khan
Daughter- Sara Ali Khan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amrita Singh
- Does Amrita Singh smoke: Not Known
- Does Amrita Singh drink alcohol: Not Known
- Amrita Singh was born to a Sikh father and a Muslim mother.
- Not many people know that Amrita is the great-niece of late novelist Khushwant Singh.
- Late Actress Begum Para was the younger sister of Amrita’s maternal grandmother, Zarina Khan.
- Amrita was a belly dancer before her tryst began with acting. It is believed that her mother, who was a politician, contributed a lot in establishing Amrita as a lead actress.
- The period between 1983-1987 is regarded as the ‘Golden Period’ for Amrita as she not only made a successful debut opposite Sunny Deol but also gave back to back hits with movies like Betaab (1983), Sunny (1984), Mard (1984), Saaheb (1985), Chameli Ki Shaadi (1986), Naam (1986), Khudgarz (1987), and Waaris (1988).
- In 1991, the actress decided to focus more on her personal life and thus got married to actor Saif Ali Khan in an Islamic wedding ceremony. However, the wedding ended up in divorce, 13 years later in 2004. When asked about the reason for the split in an interview, Saif Ali Khan replied that Amrita abused both his mother and sister, which he couldn’t tolerate. Notably, Saif is 12 years younger than her.
- Post her divorce, Amrita soon returned to the acting industry with Ekta Kapoor‘s sitcom- Kavyanjali (2005), wherein she played a negative character.
- In another interview, Amrita’s ex-husband, Saif Ali Khan revealed that in the aftermath of their divorce, he has been ordered to pay ₹1 lakh every month to her, until their son Ibrahim, who is under Amrita’s custody, turns 18.
- Saif Ali Khan wrote a note wishing Amrita good luck in her life before his marriage to Kareena Kapoor.
References/Sources: [ + ]
|1.||↑||Times Now News|